Ultrafine PLUS 400

btmuir

<p>I bit the bullet and decided to try some of the PLUS 400 from ultrafine.</p>

<p>I searched and only saw 1 reference to the Plus 100 variety and I can't find any starting times for this stuff.</p>

<p>Seems apug can't help either or I'm less adept at using the search function over there.</p>

<p>Has anyone had any HANDS on experience with the Ultrafine PLUS 400 (not the regular ultrafine 400).</p>

<p>I have D76, HC 110 and PMK in my darkroom at the moment.</p>

<p>If anyone has tried this stuff, any info or conclusions for a good starting point would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>IDK,<br>

from the searches I came up with they seem to indicate that the FOMA was the non PLUS brand of Ultrafine.<br>

There is a ton of speculation on who may make it, I don't care about the maker I'm just interested in people that have actually used it and their experiences.</p>

<p>Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.</p>

<p>I know the 120 from Ultrafine is Shanghai film the 35mm I am not sure of but if you email them they will send you the development times or you can call them. Would be nice if it was ERA but ERA does not make a 400 that I know of. I can tell you that the new Freestyle Arista Premium 35mm 100 is Plus-X and the New Arista Premium-400 is Tri-X in 35mm. The Freestyle Legacy Pro 100 is Acros and the 400 is Neopan 400.</p>

<p>Okay, the good people at Photowarehouse sent me a PDF with starting times for some of their films and also a few of their branded developers.</p>

<p>If anyone needs a copy feel free to contact me off list.</p>

<p>I'll be testing the PLUS 400 under varying conditions and report back here and post some images somewhere for review.</p>

<p>I'm not expecting miracles but Ultrafine has 100 ft rolls on the auction site at the moment for just under 25.00usd plus shipping. Probably not up to the performance of the excellent Arista Premium for 32.00usd but I may like it so only one way to find out.</p>

<p>BTW their starting times for the Plus 400 at box speed (I'm assuming because there is no mention of speed for the times they list)<br>

D 76 (stock) 20c 8mins<br>

D76( 1+1) 20c 9mins (hmmm)<br>

HC 110 (B) 20c 10 mins (this seems a bit long???)<br>

the chart recommends 10% more time for 120 ? ? ?</p>

<p>Again, these times are for the PLUS version of their 400 speed film.</p>

<p>Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be Tri-X. But I doubt it. Most likely FOMA 400, which is good film but more like ISO 200. It may be AGFAPAN 400, which is also ISO 200 and less good than FOMA.<br>

Check out Freestyle. They have a line called ARISTA PREMIUM which is Kodak Tri-X and Plus-X for about the same money you paid. Do let us know (and see) your results though.</p>