Something is wrong with my camera

<p>Some of my pictures have been getting these random dark spots on them. Does anybody know what could be causing this? I have a Digital Rebel XT and I am thinking that maybe its on its last leg. Most of my photographs are fine. I would guess that every couple hundred pictures or so I get one of these.....</p><div>00ZSTG-406053584.jpg.2e30803a1f1612ef46dc8324b95a7efd.jpg</div>

<p>What Lauren gets at might be dust on the sensor, though it would be a HUGE fluffy dirt particle. But, if it's always in the same place, sure it's going to be that.<br>

The only time I saw these things occuring was when using the PS Elements importer with the 'red-eye correction' tool active. It seems to see a bit more red eyes than there actually are, and sometimes applies the correction on far too large an area.<br>

So maybe nothing wrong with your camera, but did you change software recently, or changed settings in your software?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>No it is not dust on the sensor because it is not always in the same spot.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>FAIW, a sufficiently large dust bunny can move around from shot to shot, particularly if it is attached to a small fiber/hair. However, it would appear (from the suggestions of others) that red-eye correction is the most likely culprit.</p>