Need Ideas for Proper Exposing & Processing 40 Year Old Plus X

<p>Hello, I bought a box of 1971 exp. Kodak Plus X recently in a camera store. It obviously had not been stored frozen. It's old stuff that has sat on a shelf somewhere.<br>

I am thinking of exposing it around ASA 32 (my normal for fresh Plus x is asa 64 ), and later developing it in HC 110 with an antifog.<br>

Concern: should I be worried about running film that is this old through my camera in terms of the cleanliness of the film itself wrt fungus or fungal spores that may have grown on the 40 year old film acetate over time?<br>

I want to minimize exposing my expensive zeiss biogon lens to fungal spores, or introduce them into the camera via this little "experiment".<br>

Thanks for any tidbits of knowledge.</p>

<p>Tri X, HC110 dilution H at 65<sup>0</sup>F, 16-18 minutes. 5/84 marked on the film loader. I do not know if is the expiration date or the date it was loaded into the bulk loader.<br>

Only levels adjusted in PS. All image information was in the central third of the levels range after Silverfast SE HDR scan.</p><div>00YWCu-345535584.jpg.b3866047d93e1f7e8305a5846c206fba.jpg</div>

<p>I would keep it as it is. The old cartridge is a much nicer object in itself than any negative with an uncertain outcome. Film is cheap and you won't have any benefit from the knowledge how such an old film is like. It would be different if the film was already exposed.</p>