Monday in Nature June 19, 2017

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Laura Weishaupt, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good Morning,
    I came to join in the fun and find that the thread has yet to be started. Time to wake up! Get your coffee, make that tea, pour some grog of some kind and smell the nature...................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........smells good.

The hands of Xylaria hypoxylon reach from buried wood, looking like something from "The Mummy". What else is creeping around in the woods? Could be anything when it's Monday in Natue. Where's that popcorn?
    Monday nature 6-19.JPG

2. A view from my backyard patio on Saturday. Lots of deer live in greenbelt behind me. Nature Monday 6-19-2017.jpg

bing_huey|1, dcstep and andy_szeto like this.
  3. Here is a hand of a different sort - attached to a peeper on a sensitive fern frond from a few nights ago

DSC_8561 Peeper on sensitive fern WEB.jpg

4. _MG_6970-copy.jpg

This racoon has been creeping around our back deck hoping to raid the bird feeders. Love your photo Laura!

5. june 19 17.jpg
    Peeking up the cap of a mushroom ... voyeurism?

6. Thanks Gordon. There was another "hand" nearby, but not close enough to be effective. Nice raccoon. We have many here but since we don't have feeders they stay in the woods. One may have been up in the cherry tree recently.......something left a pretty big cherry packed pile near the shed.

7. Fungus on a fallen tree.
    Fungus.jpg

DawsonPointers and DavidTriplett like this.
  8. MJC_3504.jpg Still going through last month's stuff, hope this is not a repeat. A leopard made the kill but a lioness came by and took over. Botswana, by the way.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  9. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Moderator

Quetzal, female, image captured in Costa Rica

_5001934.jpg

10. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Moderator

Laura, glad to see you starting the thread today. For a moment I thought that "hand" was pretty scary.

11. Thanks for starting the thread, Laura. Nice photo, surprising (which is always good).

Magnolia blossom with raindrops.

PN-1614.jpg

12. Thanks again Laura
    Great shots today. This is from a couple of weeks ago when the weather was mild. Sunset at the preserve.jpg

13. Wow quite some photos! MIN is ever getting better. Can't go around commenting on everyone but, Laura. glad to see you starting the thread as in old times. And that's quite a creepy hand with one missing finger. Did it move? Eek! :eek:

Here are a few lovely elephants enjoying the embrace of gentle morning light in Amboseli, Kenya.

Elephants_Ambocelli.jpg

14. DSC_445_pscrop_pssharpadj_resize.jpg unidentified beetle larvae consuming a willow leaf

15. LOL. They're fungi.....of course they move! They hide, then snicker as I walk by. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.