Free online photography course

Discussion in 'Education' started by laurie_t, Feb 13, 2016.

1. I came across this course at Coursera, an online learning platform. According to the introduction, the course is aimed at teaching visual literacy as it pertains to photographs. It looks quite interesting.

The course is free unless you want an official certificate.
    https://www.coursera.org/learn/photography
    Disclaimer: I have no connection with the organisation.
    Laurie

2. Thanks for sharing. I've done a few of Coursera's courses and I'm quite satisfied with the quality and the presentation. In general: recommended. I'll consider this one as well.

3. I tried to register to one of these "free" courses and it was like breaking into Fort Knox. They wanted my picture-id and other type of sensitive information so I bailed out. Not sure what they plan to do with all of that information...

4. I tried to register to one of these "free" courses and it was like breaking into Fort Knox.​
    Harry, I am not sure if they have changed things but when I registered I just had to give my email and create a password and that was it. I guess it could be that some of the institutions who hold the courses may demand ID, but I haven't come across any.
    But I don't blame you for bailing if they now ask for sensitive information.
    Laurie

5. Thanks for this information. I checked this site and its amazing. Now i can learn Photography easily.

6. Thank Laurie T for this link. Very helpful information as for me.

7. Thank you, bro! Nice to see like people shearing lessons even if they are in free use!
    May be someone can get link to free Photoshop lessons? If I find some will post here.

8. G-P

G-P Administrator Staff Member

Hey Folks - in case you are looking for free photography courses - CreativeLive has their entire portfolio of classes available on what are called "free broadcasts" - so you watch the course for free when its on. Now, if you want access to it on demand - that is when you pay. You may have noticed their advertisements on this site...they work only with top tier talent and their production is superb. Highly recommend - go here: Upcoming Free Online Classes

9. Awesome, thank you!

10. Much obliged for sharing. I've completed a couple of Coursera's courses and I'm very happy with the quality and the introduction. All in all: prescribed. I'll think about this one too. Lucky Patcher

11. Just started the course.

12. mikemorrell likes this.