Adolux APH 09 changed concentration (a bit)

hoshisato

<p>Just to let you know that I received confirmation from ADOX that the concentration of Adolux APH 09 has changed a bit. Whereas before you would use a dilution of 1+40, now the same time but with a dilution of 1+50 is recommented.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><strong>Question</strong>: I have been using Adolux APH 09 and AODX film for a while and noticed that the name has slightly changed to include (1+50). Am I correct in understanding that from now on, a dilution of 1+50 is recommended where we used a dilution of 1+40 before? In other words, has APH 09 become just a little bit more concentrated?</p>

<p><strong>Answer</strong>: That's true. The dillution changed a bit. But the formula is the same.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I've added a note to my <a href="http://monochrome.me.uk/blog/index.php?x=development">development </a>page to include the above information.</p>

<p>I received an answer from ADOX, apparently the change took place about 2 or 3 years ago and they mentioned that the values given in the Massive Dev Chart are still correct. No indication on how to find out the difference in bottles.<br /> Judging from the statements by ADOX, I might have caused a storm in a teacup and nothing really has changed recently that we should be aware of. The way I interpret the email, we have been using the new concentration for some time.<br /> This was the reply:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Changing was probably before 2 or 3 year. What we know is that the digitaltruth page still works.<br /><br />We had since all that time no customer wich have problems with this dillution.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The Massive Dev Chart entry for APH 09 suggest to use the times and dilutions for R09, but the R09 entries do recommend dilutions 1+40, 1+80, etc.<br /> I guess I'll shoot a test film, cut it in half and use the same times with a 1+40 and a 1+50 dilution to see what the difference is.</p>