Thumbs Not Loading -- Still

jimvanson

Thumbnails are often loading sooo verry slooow or not at all -- still

(since May 1st -- or earlier see <a

href="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?

msg_id=0088Zi"><b>this</b></a> ).<P>This is not a cache problem, nor

is it my machine as I was viewing the site on a friends machine

yesterday and it too was showing the thumbs slow or not at

all.<P>Brian: not complaining just informing.

Brian -- as an ex maintenance superintendent on a big sawmill I learnt to hate intermittent faults as they are so problematic to troubleshoot.<P>I believe the problem is with all thumbs. Right now the ones in my portfolios folders are working, they didn't earlier.<P>But the ones that I took screenshots of are not -- mind you they may be working in 15 minutes.<P>As I mentioned it is not my machine as I was using one across town yesterday that had the same problem. Nor is it the time of day -- it can happen at 2AM, east coast.<P>Thanks...j<div>008HO3-18024884.thumb.jpg.939d5a5960f5a64dd763ec142d1dea1d.jpg</div>

Although I don't usually hang at the top photo area I went afew minutes ago and they load respectfully quick. What I did notice though is that when I hit my back button anywhere for any reason a page expired warning comes up. This is new to me. Thumbs are still 50/50 as a week past & 10 to 30 sec waits or not at all....;)....J

This was a response to another forum question:

Robert Chura , may 16, 2004; 12:09 a.m.

I have had a similar problem the past few days but the images will load eventually. I was looking at someones "Number of Photos with more than 10 Ratings:" @2pm CDT today when it happened. It reminds me of when the server had problems, but not as severe. It is sporadic but not terribly annoying. BTW It has worked great for a couple of weeks since the last improvements so I thought this was just another problem .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too experience extremely long waits to get the site to load at work. When I hit the site from my house it works fine. This has been going on for awhile now. It must be a something software driven as I get consistenly different results on different computers. Any ideas?