Thanks for the new forums!

gwilburn

Thanks photo.net admins for creating these great new forums: Olympus,

Pentax, and Classic Cameras (pre-1970). I have a stake in all

three :) This is really helpful to those of us who are not

Canon/Nikon users.

One question: who are the new forum moderators?

The moderators of a forum are listed in the About page of that forum. Visit the homepage of the forum of choice and click on the 'About' link (right-most in the list of options). From the looks of it, I guess Brian is going to be quite busy :-)

Low traffic forums don't really have active moderators. I think Brian may look in on them from time to time and I occasionally check to see if fights are breaking out.

Some forums dont even have "about" links if the moderator (or creator) of the forum han't gotten around to writing up a forum policy statement.

If anyone who is really active in the forums thinks a moderator is required, we can ask for volunteers. Usually we like to pick people who know about the subject of the forum, who read the forum on a daily basis and who have the time and temperament to be a moderator. Some preference is given to those who have been photo.net members for a long time, and being a subscriber doesn't hurt either!

I second Gene's sentiments - at least concerning the Olympus forum. Those of us who follow the "true faith" have finally got our own "alter" within the "church" of photo.net (sorry, couldn't resist! No disrespect intended to those of other faiths, denominations, churches, etc...)