Unicolor/Hauck Darktoom Timer Instructions

I use a Unicolor branded (but manufactured by Hauck) darkroom timer from ages ago.  It's the analog dial.  When printing I use it as a running timer.  I don't use it as a countdown timer where I set the minutes and then it makes a buzz when it's at zero.  I just having it running the entire printing session and It used to make a wonderful "click" noise every 30 seconds which was a nice reminder of how long I had been in certain chemistry.  BUT, now it doesn't make the click anymore and I can't figure out how to get it back.  Or if it's just a really old timer that decided to stop making the click!  I also received some additional "wheels" that I've never used and am not sure how to.

Does anyone have knowledge of this timer or have a copy of the instruction manual?  I've tried searching online and can't find anything for this model.

Here's some pictures.

And thanks for your help!!

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

I'm not sure if your timer works the same as my Unicolor Jingle Bell timer,  but I'm guessing the process is similar. My Jingle Bell timer has only one ring to work with while your timer seems to have several rings for different processes. The way it works (at least the way mine does) is that each little red tab determines a time interval. Lets say your process consisted of 5 minutes developing time, 1 minute stop-bath and 5 minutes fixer time, you would only need 3 little red tabs. One tab would be placed at the 5 minute mark, the second tab would be placed 1 minutes from the 5 minute-tab( preferably 2 minutes to give you time between intervals) and the third little red tab would be placed 5 minutes from the second tab. While the entire ring spins for 60 minutes or so, each time it encounters a red tab it rings, or makes a click sound.  The ring or click sound is too alarm you that 1 step in the process has completed and the next step is about to begin. 

I'm not sure why your timer is not ringing/clicking ? I have a couple of old GrabLab timers where you have to move the second hand for each Step in a process. That is you have to do everything manually instead of using the little red tabs. After each step the Grablab timers are suposed to either buzz, ring or click. Some of my older timers have stopped doing that, or the sound is barely perceptible for some reason ?  I think it's from just sitting around too long without being used(but I could be wrong) because when I first purchased them, I didn't have that problem. I have two Grablab timers that are in that condition. I was thinking about opening them up to see what could be causing this, but I never got around to it.