The Triumph of WWW.

pavel_l.

• 2 months later...

This has merit as a photo subject, but the angle of the image is not creative. I think you might have (and still can via a crop) zoom in on the circular part and lock.  The image's contrast is well done overall.

On 2/8/2024 at 12:34 AM, gb3 said:

This has merit as a photo subject, but the angle of the image is not creative. I think you might have (and still can via a crop) zoom in on the circular part and lock.  The image's contrast is well done overall.

Thank you gb3. I choose this angle to show the cylinder as representation of tunnel vision.

Cheers.

• Like 1

"... Our perception of the world is a fantasy that coincides with reality."

Chris Frith.

• 4 weeks later...

I like it ! It's simple and straight forward. The wide aperture forces you to concentrate on the main subject which is the utility box. The background is slightly faded, but not exactly blown away which again, gives more emphasis to the main subject. B&W instead of color makes it easier on the eyes (IMHO). Not sure if you cropped this image, but it does seem appropriate using this format.

Edited by hjoseph7

On 3/10/2024 at 4:10 PM, hjoseph7 said:

I like it ! It's simple and straight forward. The wide aperture forces you to concentrate on the main subject which is the utility box. The background is slightly faded, but not exactly blown away which again, gives more emphasis to the main subject. B&W instead of color makes it easier on the eyes (IMHO). Not sure if you cropped this image, but it does seem appropriate using this format.

Thank you hjoseph.

Chris Frith.

It's an interesting photo, @pavel_l..  Perhaps with my limited imagination, I'm struggling  see a connection between the photo and the title. @hjoseph7 called it a 'utility box'. The title - as  you spell it - means to me 'world wide web'. So I find it difficult to to make a visual connection between this locked-up (and old-looking) external apparatus and the current global network of internet servers. Looking at the photo, perhaps you were referencing remnants of previous world wars.

Whatever the case, I really hope you'll share the story about this photo!

Best wishes,

Mike

On 3/14/2024 at 1:03 PM, mikemorrellNL said:

It's an interesting photo, @pavel_l..  Perhaps with my limited imagination, I'm struggling  see a connection between the photo and the title. @hjoseph7 called it a 'utility box'. The title - as  you spell it - means to me 'world wide web'. So I find it difficult to to make a visual connection between this locked-up (and old-looking) external apparatus and the current global network of internet servers. Looking at the photo, perhaps you were referencing remnants of previous world wars.

Whatever the case, I really hope you'll share the story about this photo!

Best wishes,

Mike

Yes Mike, you are correct about world wide web connection. I used capital letter to indicate relation to the social media companies (algorithms) that are filtering and deciding the clickable content and commercialization for majority of users.

Cheers.

Chris Frith.