How do I upload pictures to my Profile ?

hjoseph7

My previous post timed out so I'm adding (in summary) what I intended to add.

I'll leave it to the mods to answer your question, but just a member ....

In this version of PN, you don't have a default album linked to your account. So you can't just 'upload photos to your account/profile'. Instead, you can upload photos to one of the 'general' albums (photography topic/genre/style) and/or create one or more 'personal albums' to which you can can upload photos. If you click on 'member albums'  left in the main menu, you'll see a list of both the general and personal albums that members have created so far.

As the screenshot in the previous post illustrates, visitors to your profile can see the 'personal 'member albums that you have created and (thumbnails of) all the photos that you've uploaded. Either to 'general' albums or to your personal albums.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Edited by mikemorrellNL

5 hours ago, mikemorrellNL said:

My previous post timed out so I'm adding (in summary) what I intended to add.

I'll leave it to the mods to answer your question, but just a member ....

In this version of PN, you don't have a default album linked to your account. So you can't just 'upload photos to your account/profile'. Instead, you can upload photos to one of the 'general' albums (photography topic/genre/style) and/or create one or more 'personal albums' to which you can can upload photos. If you click on 'member albums'  left in the main menu, you'll see a list of both the general and personal albums that members have created so far.

As the screenshot in the previous post illustrates, visitors to your profile can see the 'personal 'member albums that you have created and (thumbnails of) all the photos that you've uploaded. Either to 'general' albums or to your personal albums.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Thanks mikemorell !!  Not sure when this came into effect ? I think I was able to upload photos even after most of the bugs were removed from this new version ?  

This is how my profile looks. If I click on the "Images" tab I can see all the pictures I uploaded to my profile since 2005. I think there use to be this "upload" button ?

image.png.214d6b05a8c914e9ea766d028c478936.png

Edited by hjoseph7

Have you figured it out yet? If not...go to the Explore tab at the top of the page, click on Gallery, then click on the add images button. After you are finished uploading, your images will show up over on your profile/images page. It took me a while to figure it out as well. Hope this helps!

Edited by Christa Binder

On 10/11/2023 at 11:55 AM, Christa Binder said:

Have you figured it out yet? If not...go to the Explore tab at the top of the page, click on Gallery, then click on the add images button. After you are finished uploading, your images will show up over on your profile/images page. It took me a while to figure it out as well. Hope this helps!

Christa Binder you deserve a raise ! I followed your instrunctions by going to Explore/Gallery, then clicking the [Add Images] button. I did not create my own personal Album, but used an existing album(not sure who created it ?). There are several categories of existing Albums including Member albums. They include: Abstract, Landscape, Macro, Nature, Sports, B&W etc.  I uploaded my image to the Architecture Album and sure enough that picture can now be seen in my Profile as well as the Architecture album. Thanks so much !  

• Like 1