Nudes in the Sidebars

ben_hutcherson

I'm not a prude by any means, and can appreciate and even admire the artistic and tasteful nudes often posted to here.

With that said, there was a time on here where you didn't see them unless you went looking for them. The reason for this is obvious-in a public setting ore even semi-private like my office at work even a tasteful, artistic nude can be misconstrued and not necessarily be a welcome sight by others.

I'm finding now, increasingly, that nudes seem to show up in the sidebar of the main forum page as I'm browsing. This makes me reluctant to view Pnet anywhere publicly.

I hunted and can't find a setting, like I recall there use to be to turn this off.

Am I missing something in this?

EDIT:

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. This one isn't particularly explicit, but I've seen others that are. This one has been here for a day or two now...

Screenshot2023-09-18at9_19_55PM.png.47c5754c2729e74c82bf06d1dcee6ae7.png

Edited by ben_hutcherson

10 hours ago, John Farrell said:

If you go to the bottom of the site page, and select "Theme", you can turn off the side bar.

theme.JPG

Thanks, that fixed it for now, but still it seems there could be a better solution.

I ENJOY seeing peoples' work in the side bar, and I've noticed phtoographers I might not have otherwise thanks to it.

I'd rather keep the side bar on, but make sure it's not going to cause issues viewing in public.

This sort of stuff worked for 20+ years on this site. I know the side bar hasn't always been there, but even in ratings, etc, you use to be able to filter out nudes so that one didn't pop up when you weren't in an appropriate place for it...

If you’re embarrassed by or not ok with the public seeing what you view, the easiest solution would be not to view PN in public.

Thats going to be a lot better a solution than thinking there’s someone at PN listening to member suggestions or making adjustments to software.

We’re pretty much on autopilot here.

It’s a butt. As a matter of fact, it reminds me of the Republican front-runner’s face. Seriously, look carefully! If the public can tolerate the daily viewing of one a**, it ought to be able to handle another.

Edited by samstevens

"You talkin' to me?"

30 minutes ago, hjoseph7 said:

Sam is probably happily retired with no snoopy Boss looking over his shoulder....

It's ok to ask.

I am retired but didn't have a boss, snoopy or otherwise, for the last 35 years because I worked for myself. However, I would go to cafes and public spaces for lunch and breaks where I chose what I looked at online accordingly. Before opening my business, I worked for one big company in particular. There was no Internet in those days, but I didn't bring in any personal books or magazines that I didn't feel comfortable reading when other eyes might see me. 

In any case, it's moot. Since there's no one here paying attention to suggestions or making user-requested changes to software.

But, please, continue ...

"You talkin' to me?"

22 hours ago, samstevens said:

In any case, it's moot. Since there's no one here paying attention to suggestions or making user-requested changes to software.

The last administrator visit from Fiverr was on August 1, 2023.  The "main administrator" Trish Diamond has not visited since June 8, 2023.  No real changes have been made since I signed off as an admin in March.  

But things continue to work, and members have become comfortable with it all.

If only there were a PhotoNet-like site somewhere, where the administration listened and worked with members to build a better community...  🤔

image.jpeg.f7d89b8ba838278c37d2f24fd25b9ac8.jpeg

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!