Visual differences of a dry plate gelatin ambrotype and wet plate collodion ambrotype

What are the visual differences between a dry plate ambrotype (gelatin) and a wet plate collodion ambrotype when both are photographed with the correct exposure?
Which one has brighter highlights when both are photographed on the same subject.?
(I am talking about making positive, not negative)

Also, Is a dry plate gelatin ambrotype considered panchromatic?

Thank you!

I have photographed both kinds of ambrotypes and haven't noticed a generic difference between them, but I haven't done thousands of them so perhaps there is one.  As for a dry plate ambrotype being panchromatic, I would be surprised if it was since panchromatic emulsions didn't really come on the market much before the 1920's when dry plates were much less common than film.

There are a few people who try to reproduce the old techniques.

A well-known way to view (ordinary) black and white negatives is with a black background, and lit from the front.

At the right angle, you get a reflection off the silver, and none where there isn't any.

It seems that there are a few different ways to mount ambrotypes, including cementing glass over the emulsion side.

Is suspect doing that makes it hard to see details like you ask about.

Someone making a modern version should be able to make it panchromatic.

They would not be in the 1800's.

-- glen