Pentax Thursday #157 22 June 2023

Tony Parsons

4 hours ago, Tony Parsons said:

Seems a bit drastic - couldn't they just have painted over the graffiti ?

It's the 75+ year old failing structure underneath, not the graffiti that's the reason for the demolition.  I shot some pictures of the graffiti  just before they blocked it off to begin work but haven't developed them yet.

41 minutes ago, AJG said:

It's the 75+ year old failing structure underneath, not the graffiti that's the reason for the demolition.  I shot some pictures of the graffiti  just before they blocked it off to begin work but haven't developed them yet.

Yes, I'd gathered that - I was applying a little ironic commentary on solutions which are not always well thought out - apologies for those that missed this.

11 hours ago, Tony Parsons said:

Yes, I'd gathered that - I was applying a little ironic commentary on solutions which are not always well thought out - apologies for those that missed this.

No apologies necessary--you're quite right that some solutions to problems are far from well thought out.  Graffiti seems to bring out the worst reactions at times from people who value order over everything else. In this case, the graffiti livened up what had been a boring mass of aging concrete. 

• Like 1