DP Review Aquired

DP Review has been acquired by Gear Patrol

https://www.dpreview.com/site-news/8298318614/dpreview-com-looks-forward-to-a-new-chapter-with-gear-patrol

Don't know who Gear Patrol is, but it is encouraging that DP Review has been rescued.  It has been obvious that since DP Review has continued to publish new content well past it's scheduled demise, that something like this has been in the works.

16 hours ago, Ken Katz said:

DP Review has been acquired by Gear Patrol

https://www.dpreview.com/site-news/8298318614/dpreview-com-looks-forward-to-a-new-chapter-with-gear-patrol

Don't know who Gear Patrol is, but it is encouraging that DP Review has been rescued.  It has been obvious that since DP Review has continued to publish new content well past it's scheduled demise, that something like this has been in the works.

Gear Patrol is all about 'gear....' and their current website lists more awards than you can shake a stick at :0)

3 hours ago, AlanKlein said:

DPR was mainly about gear too.  So it's a good match for what they do.  

I don't know. Time will tell. I went back to Gear Patrol today and read more of their material. Their reviews (at least what I saw) aren't at all like DPR's. They seem to be mostly "the 10 best XXX"  type, without the detailed list of objective feature-by-feature results that DPR routinely provided. Hopefully, they'll let DPR continue to do what it did.

• 2 months later...

they are into the "pay" scenario. Even the CEO said that he will not set a paywall "immediately", which means that it will be under a paywall. Which also means that I don't care of a pay website. At all. lol  . what Phil created was beautiful, now it's another ads and infomercials galore and the forums are a bright example of how bad and ferocious social media can get. Oh well.....

Edited by mark_leha