Nikon Z 50 file delete and format memory card bugs or defects?

frans_waterlander

Playback Menu, Delete, All, asks "All images will be deleted. OK?"  When I answer Yes, it doens't delete, when I anser No, it deletes.
Setup Menu, Format memory card, asks "All images on memory card will be deleted. OK?" When I answer Yes, it doesn't format, when I answer No, it
formats.
Has anyone else had this experience and if so, did you find out what the solution was, other than just live with this? My camera seems to work fine otherwise.

• 1 month later...

Yes, this is a known issue with some Canon 5D Mark IV cameras. The issue is caused by a software bug in the camera's firmware. The bug prevents the camera from deleting images or formatting the memory card when the "Yes" button is pressed.

There is no official fix for this issue yet.

Reminds me stories of early IBM PC and PC-DOS/MS-DOS.

The FORMAT command gives a "Press any key to continue." message.  It seems that includes control-C, break, or any other way you might want to change your mind.

• Like 1

-- glen

10 hours ago, glen_h said:

Reminds me stories of early IBM PC and PC-DOS/MS-DOS.

The FORMAT command gives a "Press any key to continue." 

mmm that was problematic.. never could find a "ANY"-Key on my keyboard, must be something on an American keyboard i guess..🤔

54 minutes ago, CvhKaar said:

Ah, just what i thought, sold in the U.S.A. ...typical , i live in Europe, never seen them here, could have solved a lot of problems....

The European ones would need to be metric, to fit European keyboards, measured in mm. 

• Like 1

-- glen