Not a Friendly Site

wgpinc

Here's the problem, if I click on my "content", 200+ pages of my photos show up. If I click on an individual photo and then click the left or right arrow two or three times I'm eventually presented with someone else's photos! Unacceptable.

36 minutes ago, Sanford said:

Unacceptable

“I’m not wise, but the beginning of wisdom is there; it’s like relaxing into - and an acceptance of - things.” 
—Tina Turner

Being here seems already to imply a degree of acceptance. 

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

15 hours ago, samstevens said:

Since that isn’t likely to change …

I would not wager any money on that with any confidence...  🤪

Forum platforms are notorious for poor handling of image type communities.  Some sensible folks (I am not among them) choose to deploy something like WordPress or a similar front end as the main platform, and then use the gallery plugins, custom programming, and a forum feature that is native (such as WPforo) or bridge to a regular forum platform.  Life is so much simpler that way.  The point is that whatever the platform (vBulletin, Xenforo, or Invision--our board) has a hard time and the workings can be a little user-unfriendly and kludgy without a supportive CMS system.

I have seen a number of little changes and improvements lately on PN.  Just keep plugging along and learn the tricky dance steps.  They are everywhere, wherever on the internutz you go.  

Meanwhile, the dance continues somewhere over the rainbow...

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

1 hour ago, PapaTango said:

I would not wager any money on that with any confidence...

Thanks. Since I'm not a betting man, I wouldn't wager on it. And the reason I said isn't likely is to express some degree of that lack of confidence both in the software improvement and in my prediction.

Edited by samstevens
  • Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

• 2 weeks later...