Regarding Gallery's and Albums

MrAndMrsIzzy

It's been a while and I'm sure this has come up before but I can't find it so I'm asking.

Regarding gallery's.  1* Is it one big gallery and everybody adds their own albums to upload pics too? or 2* Everybody creates their own gallery and adds albums to it for uploading pics too?

If it's #1, how do I create\add the album and how do I upload to it?

If it's #2, how do I create the gallery, add the albums, and so forth? 

Izzy From Brooklyn

Both exist, sort of.

Under 'Explore' at the top of the page, click on 'Gallery'.

At the top right of that page, there should be a green button 'Add images'. Click on that.

A box opens, 'Choose category' with a control saying 'Select'. Click on 'Select' and it shows you all the categories: Member albums, Abstract, Animal, Architecture,...

Of these, 'Member albums' is private albums you can make on any theme. If you choose this, the next option is whether to create a new album or use on you have already.

Any other choice is one of the main gallery categories. If you choose one of these, say 'Animal', you can still add your pictures to an album of your own, separate from everyone else's Animal photos. The menu lets you choose to 'Continue without using an album' (that is, add your pictures to the common gallery of Animal photos), 'Create a new album' (you will be asked to give it a name, and a description if you want), or 'Use an existing album' within the category, if you already have one.

If you create a private album within the Architecture category, it will display above the common Architecture gallery, when people come to browse that. People can also see all the albums you have in any category, on your profile page; when you create an album, you should get a new Albums tab on your profile page.

• On Point 1

4 hours ago, Dustin McAmera said:

Both exist, sort of.

Under 'Explore' at the top of the page, click on 'Gallery'.

At the top right of that page, there should be a green button 'Add images'. Click on that.

A box opens, 'Choose category' with a control saying 'Select'. Click on 'Select' and it shows you all the categories: Member albums, Abstract, Animal, Architecture,...

Of these, 'Member albums' is private albums you can make on any theme. If you choose this, the next option is whether to create a new album or use on you have already.

Any other choice is one of the main gallery categories. If you choose one of these, say 'Animal', you can still add your pictures to an album of your own, separate from everyone else's Animal photos. The menu lets you choose to 'Continue without using an album' (that is, add your pictures to the common gallery of Animal photos), 'Create a new album' (you will be asked to give it a name, and a description if you want), or 'Use an existing album' within the category, if you already have one.

If you create a private album within the Architecture category, it will display above the common Architecture gallery, when people come to browse that. People can also see all the albums you have in any category, on your profile page; when you create an album, you should get a new Albums tab on your profile page.

Thankyou!  Took a quick look.  Saw what you're talking about.  Printed out the instructions, and soon as I get a chance (probably over the weekend) I'll start familiarizing myself with the process.....Izzy

Izzy From Brooklyn

2 hours ago, Tony Parsons said:

Mayhap just a UK Acr - 'Sense Of Humour By Pass'. 

Hmmm, I was wondering too...

However armed now with that knowledge, I am still trying to figure out how humor plays a role in a member asking legitimate questions and then being pranked and misled.

Thank you @Dustin McAmera for helping them.  I see that they have become quite active now.  😎

Edited by PapaTango
Space aliens made me do it

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

11 hours ago, PapaTango said:

<snip>

I am still trying to figure out how humor plays a role in a member asking legitimate questions and then being pranked and misled.

<snip>

I think, in view of the date, a little gentle 'leg-pulling' was acceptable - certainly the victims of the 'prank' do not appear to have objected.