Film Camera Week for February 17

Nice work with the C35, Rick.  I have a pair of them (a C35V and C35 Automatic).  It was one of the best sellers when my family owned a camera shop.  Although it doesn't offer manual override, the exposure lock by partially pressing the shutter is very useful.  And of course ISO can be changed.  That Hexanon f 2.8 lens is very sharp.

22 minutes ago, Mike Gammill said:

Nice work with the C35, Rick.  I have a pair of them (a C35V and C35 Automatic).  It was one of the best sellers when my family owned a camera shop.  Although it doesn't offer manual override, the exposure lock by partially pressing the shutter is very useful.  And of course ISO can be changed.  That Hexanon f 2.8 lens is very sharp.

Thanks Mike, This was a Konica C35 FD from a friend that I was testing after replacing the light seals. I shot it fully in automatic (shutter priority) mode. Results of the Hexanon are indeed very good.

The local distributor supplied me with a sample pack of Adox FX39 II developer, a Neofin Red derivative, to use with the T-Grain films, so I've been trialing it with Ilford Delta 400. So far I'm impressed; while it does accentuate the grain to a slight degree the negatives have much more "sparkle" than those I'm used to from the PMK Pyro I usually use, but still with excellent highlight and shadow detail. If any other members are familiar with this developer I'd be interested to read a comment or two.

The camera was the Nikon FX90X I portrayed in the "What Camera..." thread and the lens was a Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D.

Sunday Market

SundayMarket.jpg.465c0c771a3c80a4efc9bda8ca539bed.jpg

The Tower

TheTower.jpg.839099cc80f997f7bf8479198e210954.jpg

The Bar

TheBar.jpg.259df79e8a890eb94581f2d822c10ef8.jpg

Levitate

Levitate.jpg.5bc562b4919a9d1ab9fba8afe2cccf58.jpg

Market #3

Market3.jpg.6a7620a4020798afd45b89e1167ad82b.jpg

• Like 7

Mike Gammill said : "Rick- I used FX39 under the Paterson brand name in the early 2000's.   As I recall it worked well with TMAX 100 and also with Plus-X.  I'm  glad to see it is available again.  Nice results. "

Thanks, Mike. So far, I'm very impressed by the results with Delta 400. I have some more on order and will trial it with FP4 and Kentmere 100.

Edited by rick_drawbridge