Ohhhh they got us good today.

Sanford

It's not really the airlines. They wouldn't want their reputations sullied with such squalid methods. These guys are organised crime, hoping someone will be dumb enough to phone one of their numbers and be talked into giving away their bank details for a hefty 'booking fee'.

I'm trying hard not to blame India. I mean, nobody - *nobody* - could call me an imperialist, but this internet spam wouldn't have happened in Queen Victoria's time.

Edited by Dustin McAmera
  • Like 3
  • Excellent! 1

The irony is that now we have both spam and several threads spawned by spam to discuss spam. The threads on how to deal with and report spam seem constructive. The threads like this on spam itself? How much better than actual spam are they? (Though at least there are no troublesome links to click or phone numbers to call.) 🤫

Edited by samstevens
  • Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

4 hours ago, Dustin McAmera said:

It's not really the airlines. They wouldn't want their reputations sullied with such squalid methods. These guys are organised crime, hoping someone will be dumb enough to phone one of their numbers and be talked into giving away their bank details for a hefty 'booking fee'.

I'm trying hard not to blame India. I mean, nobody - *nobody* - could call me an imperialist, but this internet spam wouldn't have happened in Queen Victoria's time. (God Bless Her).

Yes, I realise that - there was intended to be a certain trace of Irony in my comments

Edited by Tony Parsons
  • Like 1