Bellows replacement

Amanda B

Hello all,

I am seeking replacement bellows for two Toyo field cameras - a 45 AII and a 45 CF. I'm curious whether anyone has tried the eTone bellows? They offer bellows for these cameras for $80 each (https://www.etonephoto.com/products/for-toyo-45a-45a-ii-45cf-45ax-4x5-large-format-camera-professional-made-bellows)

Custom Bellows in the UK is highly recommended on the large format photography forums, but would be more expensive and probably take longer to get. 

I'm just curious what my options are. 

Thank you,

Amanda B

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Amanda. I just replaced the bellows on my 45CF. It was one from China on ebay. I found Custom Bellows after I received the one from China. I had not run across etonephoto in my search. I'd sure love to know what you finally decided. Please be careful of the adhesive you use. I used Goop and God help me if I ever have to replace that bellows again!

Good luck!
Tom McCabe

Hallo Amanda, I tried both the Chinese in 8x10 and custom bellows in 8x10 and 5x7. Both are good, but if I needed new ones again I'd go custom bellows in spite of the extra cost. Theirs are just better made and seem like better materials. The link to etone link shows $96 though, not $80.

Regards,

Michael

• 9 months later...

Sometimes these replacements pop-up on eBay and KEH. I purchased a brand new Bellows replacement for my Cambo SC2 for $40 from KEH a few months ago. Actually, I have not used it yet because prior to buying it, I went through the bellows with a magnifying glass, a small flashlight and some gaffer tape and taped-up any leaks I found. Even small light leaks will lower the contrast on all your images without you realizing what you did wrong. If your bellows are really in bad shape, I would recommend buying a new one. First try contacting the manufacturer to see if they have any available. If that is too expensive, then eTone Bellows might not be a bad choice. I use to have a list of companies that did repairs on bellows, or sold replacements,  but I'm not sure what I did with it.  If I find it I will post it.