Deleted images

smooth

Perhaps this has been fixed already but I did not have any problem deleting an image from my portfolio. Under my profile I selected IMAGES and found one that I wanted to remove. I then selected DELETE. This put the image into a que. I then selected DELETE PERMANENTLY and it was gone.

• Excellent! 1

5 minutes ago, TATULINSKI said:

Perhaps this has been fixed already but I did not have any problem deleting an image from my portfolio. Under my profile I selected IMAGES and found one that I wanted to remove. I then selected DELETE. This put the image into a que. I then selected DELETE PERMANENTLY and it was gone.

Thanks! That works.  After the first delete I had to go to image tools to get to Delete Permanently.  Once that was selected, it was gone from the portfolio.

1 hour ago, Sandy Vongries said:

So many things I wish I knew more about or had the tools to fix.  No idea why.

Hi Sandy, there must be a PN administrator that could change my authorization for viewing my deleted images in my portfolio, so I can delete those images permanently.

Edited by smooth

33 minutes ago, smooth said:

Hi Sandy, there must be a PN administrator that could change my authorization for viewing my deleted images in my portfolio, so I can delete those images permanently.

Two possibilities, message mjensen, the other, PM me one of the photos you want removed and I'll see if I can delete from your portfolio.  No other options I am aware of sorry.

1 hour ago, Sandy Vongries said:

Two possibilities, message mjensen, the other, PM me one of the photos you want removed and I'll see if I can delete from your portfolio.  No other options I am aware of sorry.

Sandy, you can delete/remove all images in my portfolio with a red frame around them. There are many. Thanks. Best regards, Arthur.

8 minutes ago, Sandy Vongries said:

I deleted the first 2 as a test.  Let me know if you see they are gone.  I will delete a few whenever I have a little time to spare in the course of the week.  Note: I am an unpaid volunteer so don't work at PN full time.:classic_dry:

They are gone. I know there are also old hidden and deleted images that popped up after the migration of data introducing the new PN version. Probably a couple of hundred images. Sorry for all extra work but you don't need to solve right away i.e. no hurry 😊

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, marc epstein said:

I’m still seeing duplicates. They just started showing up for some reason. The ones with no comments or rates for sure are dupes. 

I will take a look at them - be sure they are marked in pink.  If I can work up a mass delete method, (or at worst not) I'll thin some out.  It will take a bit of time.

7 hours ago, Sandy Vongries said:

Apparently even with Moderator creds, I can't delete photos from my portfolio.  I tried both available methods and they are still there. It could be there is a time frame for the deletion to be effective.  I'll check later and tomorrow and report outcomes

curious....did you do the routine of log out, delete cookies, clear your internet cache and history, and then log back in?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 9:09 AM, smooth said:

Hi Sandy, any progress in solving this issue once for all? Regards, Arthur

Arthur, PN does not have an active administrator at this time.  Matt Jensen has been pulled off the project--and no one in authority at Fiverr or Creative Live responds to our messages.  

It's limbo with many things not set right for permissions--other things misconfigured.  And no interest on the part of our new owners to reach out to us and explain why Photo Net has been abandoned--or when it might be set right again...

• Like 2

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

4 hours ago, PapaTango said:

Arthur, PN does not have an active administrator at this time.  Matt Jensen has been pulled off the project--and no one in authority at Fiverr or Creative Live responds to our messages.  

It's limbo with many things not set right for permissions--other things misconfigured.  And no interest on the part of our new owners to reach out to us and explain why Photo Net has been abandoned--or when it might be set right again...

This is sad news and I interpret your message as PN is slowly fading away 😞

I have noticed that if I post a new photo, which requires some work and thought behind it,  my "reputation" is enhanced by one point, whereas if I write some nonsense here and others react to it, I become really popular!  

PS. I would still prefer a box of candy

• Excellent! 1

2 hours ago, John Peri said:

I have noticed that if I post a new photo, which requires some work and thought behind it,  my "reputation" is enhanced by one point, whereas if I write some nonsense here and others react to it, I become really popular!  

PS. I would still prefer a box of candy

According to the InvisionCommunity website, conditional rules for awarding points, badges and determining 'reputation' are set up and can be modified by admins. As @Sandy Vongriespoints out, we currently have no active admins. Points, badges and reputation are all forms of 'gamification' designed to encourage members to provide content. It looks like the current (default ?) rules value forum engagement (new forum threads, reactions, etc.) more highly than posting a photo in the gallery.

• Like 1