Cannot post my photo's.

Galleries are down currently, so I am assuming this is why you cannot upload. They are updating the site...

If you are trying to upload to a comment, you can drag & drop your file like I just did for this post

850_4805.jpg

Edited by LineMartel
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, LineMartel said:

Galleries are down currently, so I am assuming this is why you cannot upload. They are updating the site...

If you are trying to upload to a comment, you can drag & drop your file like I just did for this post

850_4805.jpg

Thanks for trying to help , but this does not work for me , I just tried it.

16 minutes ago, Sandy Vongries said:

Just a bit ago, I dragged and dropped into Landscape.  You do have to click on the reply box and open it.

Thanks Sandy , I have tried this in two different browsers , but it still does not work for me.

Perhaps it does not work for me because I am not a paying member ?.

I just posted some photos to the Classic Camera forum with no issues, and I am not a paying member.

In the reply box, try clicking on "choose files..." then select the image file you wish to upload.

Edited by m42dave

I just tried again with no luck.

I cannot see a "choose file" option , where do I look ?.

I am however now getting a message that I have exceeded my  "attachment" limit , should I delete some of my attachments to get under the limit , I am hesitant to do this as I might delete photo's in my previous postings.

Dunno what to do right now 😖.

I am able to include image using the “add file” function that appears in my response box. Not a pro or a paying member. My guess is that some patience may be required. Sometimes, migration takes time and functions may appear for some before others. I’d give it a couple of days and then, if you still can’t post, I’d start a thread about it or contact admin. 

AAC6946C-DB82-4BB6-B18D-A65A758D176E.thumb.jpeg.7776681042a6542259384c68dd1a23ee.jpeg

Edited by samstevens
  • Like 2

"You talkin' to me?"

3 hours ago, m42dave said:

There is still a Test Posting forum, if anyone wants to practice there.

Tried that but can only post text. Think this is the problem - "You have used 3.66 GB of your 488.28 MB attachment limit." I also sent a message through to support on how to upgrade membership to PRO.  No reply. Can anyone tell me?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sandy Vongries said:

Here is what you should see.  Don't know about the attachment issue.  Files I attached today were from a D3 and a D810 with no downsizing.  

image.thumb.png.d6b155f736ea87cd64e4a82489b598ae.png

Sandy thanks for trying to help me.

In my response box the "paper clip and Drag files here to attach , or choose files" message does not appear on the left hand side.

Tried again just now and it still does not work.

2 hours ago, Bill Snell said:

Tried that but can only post text. Think this is the problem - "You have used 3.66 GB of your 488.28 MB attachment limit." I also sent a message through to support on how to upgrade membership to PRO.  No reply. Can anyone tell me?

Hello Bill , yes I have also started receiving this message 😒.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, za33photo said:

Hello Bill , yes I have also started receiving this message 😒.

I imagine that could be the simple explanation.

When I go to manage my attachments I notice that I have only used 16mb of my 488.28mb. (I almost alway post pics hosted off-site on flickr.)

The new software apparently has set a personal limit, where the old photo.net didn't have personal limits on thread post attachments (to my knowledge).

That may be a challenge to the active No Words posters if this policy is maintained.

Edited by NHSN
  • Like 1
Niels

15 hours ago, Bill Snell said:

Further to the above. Is there no way I can get my question answered? I find that I have now lost permission to use the "site help" forum and feel that there must be others in my position that wish to participate but cannot do so. So I'll ask again HOW DO I BECOME A "p.net PRO"? Or perhaps free up attachments? 

Hmmm.. I cannot drag n drop photos here any more.

I "work" on my phone quite a lot and often post out of my phone's photo library. Since I'm probably not gonna upload every phone pic to a host site (Zenfolio in my case), the number of shots I put up may be greatly reduced without this seemingly simple function.  That said, I've been admonished for posting large files, which were all posted in this fashion. To remedy this, I've been sure to post "thumbnails" and/or reduce file sizes. I prefer to be able to right click on photos to enlarge them- but I guess that capability depends on how they were posted in the first place, as not all photos can be enlarged in this manner.

In any case, I'm sure this will get sorted out sooner or later. All in all, the new  site looks and feels great, and I've used it on my  phone and desktop (both Mac, btw) 

37 minutes ago, Ricochetrider said:

I cannot drag n drop photos here any more.

For the time being, have you tried “choosing” the photo from you phone’s library? When you respond to a thread, you should see at the bottom of the response box a “choose file” link. That’s how I’ve posted photos so far. 

Edited by samstevens

"You talkin' to me?"