Old Photo Packaging and Ephemera (Post Yours)

• 4 weeks later...

Two accessory rangefinders, a Walz that directly reads in feet, and a Watameter I that reads in meters

wb_iP12971_Walz_and_Watameter_AccessoryRangefinders.jpg.a02455a957231825f39b49de4281bcbf.jpg

Something we might wish we could still buy! I've gone through about half of it, mostly shooting it in my Argus C-3 on the annual Argus Day. This was a gift from a friend of a friend and was likely not stored with any great care, but it still produces images.

wb_iP12970_BulkRoll_PanatomicX_exp_Dec1988.jpg.3b0ba777d3796c31ad8e32fff1fc310f.jpg

Something acquired during a tour of a New Jersey boardwalk. Exact date of acquisition uncertain, but a selfie found amongst the negatives suggests it was circa 1956 or 57.

wb_iP12973_Toyoca16_w_Accessories_ii.jpg.6750c5de25c912818a62990091957dd7.jpg

Somewhere here I have one, maybe two, of those spring wound self timers, two different brands. They were acquired but turned out not to work reliably on the camera I wanted them for so they were tucked away for safe keeping and are apparently extremely safe!

Edited by dave_thomas8
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Recently found:

Agfa Isopan F 35mm film box with expiration date SEP 1939.

A box of Agfa black & white film presumably dating from the second half of the 1930's based on a SEP 1939 expiry date. 

The sensitivity is written in the old way 17/10 DIN. The DIN standard for film sensitivity was published in 1934 and as such still very new at the time of the product. 
The notation was later changed to just one number - 17 DIN in this case.
17 DIN was equivalent to 40 ASA.
It is also interesting to note that it was found necessary to write examples of compatible camera's - Leica and Rolleikin!
Leica I can understand, but Rolleikin? I would have thought Contax would be a more obvious choice, but perhaps the Rolleikin conversion kit for Rolleiflex was very popular at the time?

Agfa Isopan F 35mm film box with expiration date 1939

Edited by Niels - NHSN
  • Like 5
Niels

• 6 months later...