Windows xp2 problem

I went to get on photo.net yesterday and I am having trouble logging on.computer says clock is is not set correctly.so I checked numerous times ,even set it back and tried,no dice. Set it back to the correct time clicked apply and update ,took a few seconds and same message comes up again.

Even tried photrio site and that comes back no good.using an old computer that uses windows xp with Google chrome as a search.worked fine on Friday but went away for weekend and now this.

Any thoughts?

Gary

I went to get on photo.net yesterday and I am having trouble logging on.computer says clock is is not set correctly.so I checked numerous times ,even set it back and tried,no dice. Set it back to the correct time clicked apply and update ,took a few seconds and same message comes up again.

Even tried photrio site and that comes back no good.using an old computer that uses windows xp with Google chrome as a search.worked fine on Friday but went away for weekend and now this.

Any thoughts?

Gary

I have a computer running XP that does the same thing. I think I will have to reinstall windows. It's actually a recent installation by the computer vendor. I bought the computer to specifically run windows xp.

Try setting the computers clock with a universal time site.

I use "time.nist.gov".

Go to your computers "clock" screen , there may be an option there to reset the clock using a time station.

It works with Windows Vista , It MAY work with XP.

Try it and see.

I tried that .still nothing.i wonder if it's a Google chrome update.just got an update for a computer at work. I just hope I don't lose the pictures I have saved.

You better save your pictures on an external drive now. The problem wouldn't prevent you from doing it. In the event you get a new computer or reinstall Windows on the current computer you will need to save the pictures on an external drive.

A quick google search revealed that internet problems with Windows XP have cropped up (for a variety of reasons) for years. But I see you managed to log back on :)!

IMHO, your choice at the moment is:

1. to trawl the internet for possible solutions to get your XP machine reliably up and running

2. Upgrade to a more modern computer with W10

Most older motherboards have an RTC (Real Time Clock) chip on board that has a CR2032 or CR2025 coin cell as their backup power. The RTC chip also stores some Bios settings. So if that little Lithium cell goes flat (which it will after about 5 years), then you can get all sorts of strange issues - not keeping correct time during power-down being the most obvious.

Get yourself a cheap card of Lithium coin cells and replace the one on your motherboard. That should solve the issue... But you'll probably have to reset all the Bios options after replacing the cell. Some boards need a 'reset' jumper applying for a second or two after replacing the cell as well.

Good luck!

It's an expired security certificate issue, not actually your computer, per se.

A certain social media network would appear to have succumbed, which is a tragedy of epic proportions.

On the other hand, if it really is Windows XP SP2 (service pack 2), then it should probably be taken behind the barn and put out of it's misery.

Sorry, I'm normally the first to suggest extending the life of old kit and I use XP daily, but it has no business being connected to the internet, for your own safety.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Could all my problems have been from an expired certificate problem.up and running now.still looking into a new computer though.

Thanks for all your reply's

I don't use it , but apparently Windows 10 is a swine to set up properly , I will continue to use my old system :D:D.

• Like 1