Film Camera Week for August 16

Rick, your cache of camera outfit options is most impressive, widely varied, and your film processing and scanning is remarkably consistent no matter what you use to capture the images. Very nice.

Greg, I don't know if your comment was directed to me or our fellow member Rick van Nooij. If I was the intended recipient, many thanks, and if your compliment was directed to the other Rick I can only join with you in expressing admiration for his work. Either way, thanks for taking the time to respond!

To keep things moving along, here are half a dozen from the Roleiflex Automat I displayed in the "What camera..." thread. There really is something special about the little 75mm Zeiss Jena Tessar f/3.5 lens. I'm becoming quite a fan of the Kodak T-Max 400 I used for this series, the film being developed in PMK Pyro.

Timber

Timber.thumb.jpg.c0dc138f49dd1154fa86e6671f426f6a.jpg

Late Afternoon

364357106_LateAfternoon.thumb.jpg.87e1af2214f86381b0950ef38bb6b392.jpg

Padlocked

Padlocked.thumb.jpg.ef7e7c47ef13c071eda9676c2f75e07a.jpg

1920.thumb.jpg.cbf911add93063ddf7b97d6959b3f269.jpg

P

P.thumb.jpg.d111c943469109ab0c391ca718e24b30.jpg

Welcome

Welcome.thumb.jpg.faa619a81a20dbf52010912bcbe752d3.jpg

• Like 4

To keep things moving along, here are half a dozen from the Roleiflex Automat I displayed in the "What camera..." thread. There really is something special about the little 75mm Zeiss Jena Tessar f/3.5 lens. I'm becoming quite a fan of the Kodak T-Max 400 I used for this series, the film being developed in PMK Pyro.

Timber

[ATTACH=full]1307230[/ATTACH]

Late Afternoon

[ATTACH=full]1307231[/ATTACH]

Padlocked

[ATTACH=full]1307232[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1307233[/ATTACH]

P

[ATTACH=full]1307234[/ATTACH]

Welcome

[ATTACH=full]1307235[/ATTACH]

Nice lens. What I get with a Hasselblad.

That seems a good combination of film and developer IMO Rick. The shadows and shadow detail are excellent in those six images

kmac said:

That seems a good combination of film and developer IMO Rick. The shadows and shadow detail are excellent in those six images

This series is only my third use of this combination, and I think I've got it pretty nearly right. I've ordered a couple more packs of the T-Max 400, anyway, so I must be reasonably impressed!

Mike Gammill said:

Great work with the TMAX 400, Rick. You bring the best out of every film you use.

James G. Dainis said :

rick_drawbridge, I can scan down the posts of this thread and immediately recognize your photos; they just stand out. These are the quality of photos I would expect to see if I were to look at Ansel Adams photography series, The Camera, The Negative, The Print.

Many thanks for the compliments... I'm still a learner at heart and any encouragement is welcome. It's nice to know that one's efforts are appreciated.