365 Day Thread for 2019

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Jean. My editor is called PhotoScape. I found it years ago as an alternate to Photoshop. It has a toning palate which includes Bandicot. This selection is a mix of Selenium & Brown which can be duplicated with most editors. I believe the Bandicot was chosen from a toning used years ago in a lot of pictures from India. Aloha, Bill

I am sure that the name was applied by the original coder after a Google search for the Bandicoot. . cute animals stick in the brain. Using this tone requires a bit of care, since the final appearance is dependent on how dark the original file is. Many times I must darken the original or lighten it to arrive at the "final" after toning669237636_-016ces5-horzxx.jpg.de40969fae8f4cb12f58b4a4b9040650.jpg . Here is the original & a direct Bandicoot tone from the editor. A bit of work for the final as per above. Aloha, Bill
  • Like 3

As an add, I found this tone in my wet lab work ages ago. Warm tone fiber papers were available & one time I "accidentally" toned a warm paper with Selenium. Those who have used Selenium Toner for archival work, recognized the slight purple-brown a "normal" paper will acquire when over toned just a bit. Tone a warm paper with Selenium & you get something akin to what I now use with the computer. Aloha, Bill
  • Like 1

For the 11th. Canon T90 : 35-135mm Tamron Adaptall II f/3.5-4.5 (model 40A) : Ilford FP4 Plus : PMK Pyro

Lattice

[ATTACH=full]1282598[/ATTACH]

Ccri

For the 11th. Canon T90 : 35-135mm Tamron Adaptall II f/3.5-4.5 (model 40A) : Ilford FP4 Plus : PMK Pyro

Lattice

[ATTACH=full]1282598[/ATTACH]

Crisp, contrasty, beautiful tones...Congratulations