What do you appreciate most in a picture?

ruslan

'The more I practice, the luckier I get?’ ' Fred the Shadow.

True, but no matter how much you practice, or how lucky you are...Well, there is this "ability" called talent- a almost forbidden word .Nope we are not all going to be little Einstein's just the way things are.

A photograph works, or does not-that simple.

The art of it is to captivate the imagination.

The Alpha and the Omega.

Hello there!

What do you appreciate (like) in the picture when look at it? Technical proficiency? Color palette? Lifestyle in the photo? The name of the creator? The story behind it? Your own variants.

So many nuanced answers that could spin off separate discussions. But to the question, “What do you (I) appreciate in the picture...” I’ll just limit my response to my own pictures, because in the case of others it does “just depend.” I appreciate the unexpected. My camera is an inatimate object basically a lens, shutter and sensor. I see what I see which is often not exactly what the camera records and that surprises me, motivating me to keep doing it.

• Like 1

I see what I see which is often not exactly what the camera records and that surprises me

This is a great way of describing what the camera does and which is also one reason that I am attracted to photography. I would add that I expect to be surprised most of the time because its a general nature of this medium.