Photo Uploads Failing to Load

Phil_Light

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, moderators have no more access to administration than anyone else.

Speaking strictly from my experience, that is true.

there may actually no longer be "an administration" to speak of.

That is not correct - there is an administration, and they can be contacted via CreativeLive Admin

As to the rest, what the situation is and how it evolves remains to be seen. IMO contacting Admin via PM is better for the site than airing the issues in public. That said, each person has to determine what they believe to be the best course of action.

Sandy, I too am grateful for your efforts to get Admin to fix this problem. Assuming that the required fix might take a lot of time and effort, I can see our taking the "getting more with honey than with vinegar" approach.

However, what I find really difficult to swallow is that, aside from the problem continuing, Admin apparently hasn't made a whole lot of effort even to respond to this thread. That hardly would take any effort at all.

I'm going to wait another few hours. If the problem isn't resolved by that time, I'm going to put on my aggressive uniform and contact the home office aside from sending a PM to Kenna.

• Like 1

That is not correct - there is an administration, and they can be contacted via CreativeLive Admin

I said there was no administration to speak of, and until I’m shown otherwise, I’ll stick to that. The new administration hasn’t shown their face enough or interest in membership enough to speak of.

airing the issues in public

You’re not seriously saying this with a straight face, I hope. If so, irony is truly dead.

There’s always something new under the sun.

As of yesterday I'm as likely as not to get an error message or some assinine abitrary number of seconds delay before being allowed to post.

I miss Glenn, he could at least be counted on to delete a few comments and ban a few people for pointing out the obvious.

Yes John I do remember those days. It has been a long slow slide to the bottom.

Just for shits and giggles, I think that the Creative Live wankers should make the last 40 or so people using this site all admins.

• Like 2

I miss you to Gordo we had some fun didn't we. I pinged the tech crew on this issue with the expectation he can fix it for you all - hopefully soon. CreativeLive will treat you well folks - not quite sure how they like being called wankers...but time will tell. IMHO they are good people.
  • Like 1

Just for shits and giggles, I think that the Creative Live wankers should make the last 40 or so people using this site all admins.

ROTFL

It seems like they've already started that process. They're just doing it with painstaking slowness.

• Like 1
There’s always something new under the sun.

All this is such a shame, this site has already proven what a success it can be ... does anyone remember the days when we had tens of thousands of views, sometimes reaching into the hundreds of thousands ... feels almost embarrassing to mention it

John, I remember this too. Sadly, even though Glenn sometimes was slow in responding, I wish he were still with the site.

• Like 1

Just several minutes ago, I noted that an image I tried earlier on to upload to this week's Landscape thread finally appeared. For those of you who like Norse mythology, it's as if Loki has been engaged in a cruel joke. If you are fans of Rene Descartes, I liken this to the work of the Evil Genius.

It's time to bring out the heavy artillery.

• Like 1

Phillip, your prose is as adept as your photography. I'm concerned about what happens when we reach the windmill.

Thank you, Michael. “Out, out, brief flash! Life of a small time amateur photog’s but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the increasingly empty PN-stage. And then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of empty stutter, shutter-bursts and fury. Signifying nothing.”

Thank you, Michael. “Out, out, brief flash! Life of a small time amateur photog’s but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the increasingly empty PN-stage. And then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of empty stutter, shutter-bursts and fury. Signifying nothing.”

Another standing ovation, Phillip! FYI, I decided just a few minutes ago to set fire to the windmill. I posted another thread entitled "ATTENTION: KENNA."

• Like 1

Another standing ovation, Phillip! FYI, I decided just a few minutes ago to set fire to the windmill. I posted another thread entitled "ATTENTION: KENNA."

Thanks again Michael. I sort of like the concept of "humor as polite desperation". So here is another little tribal war chant/swig thrown on the pyre:

“The blades are turning

The crowds are nearing

The mill is burning

Are you hearing?”

• Like 1