who drinks their developer?

Photography is a secondary activity for me. I take pictures like most people. I do develop my B/W film so I guess I am a slave to it. The labs closed and I had a choice of giving up photography or taking on film development. I do not drink the developer but I do recycle it with paints, other chemicals and whatever I may have for Hazardous Materials day at the local dump. I shoot a Mamiya 645 with Arista and Illford B/W films.

Family, cycling, hiking and my home take up most of my time. I hiked Half Dome on the 8th and it was a very difficult hike. Turned out to be 19 miles from the parking lot and I had 5000 feet of ascent. At 69y/o I am proud of that hike. I volunteer at Pinnacles National Park on the Search and Rescue team and will be out there today from about 11AM until 5PM. Eyes and Ears on the trail, I carry water for myself and 3 other people. I carry a first aid kit, I can get Law Enforcement, a trail gurney or Cal Fire to do a Helicopter emergency medical lift with my Park radio. We have repeaters so I have communication from anywhere within the park. I have taken Hoist training, Emergency field medicine and am a Registered Nurse so I actually know stuff to be out there. The gear I carry is heavy so I do not take a camera with me. I am out there as a service to the National Parks and for you the park visitor.

Speaking of snakes i came across a rattlesnake (Norther Pacific rattlesnake) eating a chipmonk while hiking at Pinnacles National park today. I am a park volunteer so i stayed with the snake to warn the other hikers of the situation. There was a safe route around the snake. In general the park visitors were excited to see the snake.