Why did my post disappear?

wogears

Is there a way to "untick" and restore deleted threads that the moderation might consider? I'm not sure if that is a possibility or not.

I think that's what many of us are hoping for. Maybe if we make burnt offerings to the great ticker in the sky or say the magic word ...

William Michael, the errant ticker-izing seems plausible to me. I've done that when deleting stuff from my Inbox.

• Like 1

I didn't delete it, and any post that gets deleted requires an explanation from moderator. I will look into it, possibly the spam controls nabbed it? - please DM me.

Is there a way to "untick" and restore deleted threads that the moderation might consider? I'm not sure if that is a possibility or not.

Once ticked for selection, yes it can be un-selected; but once deleted, no - similar to emptying one's PC's wastebasket.

WW

Edited by William Michael

i was quite supportive of this site after the move but deleting threads without notice to all who took part is a no-no

It seems that the point has been missed that the OP posted the question asking why the thread was deleted.

Subsequently there has been much effort to find the missing thread and much of (excuse me) of my personal time and effort has been spent here explaining the results of that search and explaining a possible cause of the situation.

Moreover - Obviously if it were deleted mistakenly, which is both plausible and a possibility, then, as I have explained, that deletion would go unnoticed and if the act of deletion were unnoticed how on earth could the contributors to the thread be notified.

In any case the original question has been addressed and this thread is definitely going off course with some personal attacks. (which have been removed from view)

Accordingly this conversation is now closed.