Film Camera Weekend for April 28

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more and the last shot from the New Idria Mines journey. I doubt I will go back out there as it's kind of far and even with a 4 wheel drive Subaru I felt kind of nervous. No cell service if you get stuck. The water out there is so polluted it looks like orange juice in the creek that runs past. Of course B/W will not show that but I took a few shots with my cell phone to show the family.

1532174697_LittleHouse.....jpg.c60b2b2f1b1855d9e8455dbc7dcce4ad.jpg

• Like 3

Since the forecast is for a rainy weekend, I dashed out this afternoon with my beloved Canon A1 to get a few frames for a "modern" contribution. The lens was the 50mm Canon FD SSC f/1.4, and the film was Ilford FP4 Plus developed in PMK Pyro.

Broken

1142429496_Broken.thumb.jpg.94220e06c95175d351df84520c5fc678.jpg

Tangle

Tangle.jpg.ee6f253c0e0cd89720c0989d3088359d.jpg

From Main to the Mountains

1636461553_FromMaintotheMountains.thumb.jpg.bb35c02bce4ee9a41a559e2b0e8c7119.jpg

"Anything more than 500 yards from the car just isn't photogenic " (Edward Weston)

• Like 5

DW. If you get some funky msg's like that, go over to the "More Options" selection & enter the photo(s) from that. You might see a duplicate also. . . 3 times for me now, but at least your picture will be uploaded. Aloha, Bill

Thanks Bill

D

Hello Pinklather

Beautiful photos and heirlooms, What is the inscription on this one

Don, I'm not sure what the inscription says. The Mrs. says the language is Dutch. I noted that there's a date range - like it was made for an event w/ a finite duration or used by a person. The end date is not filled in, I've seen husband/wife tombstone markers like this.

Rick - lovely as usual. Luck? Your small format work is consistently super. 'Wish I could do that consistently. Tony L. was amazing that way.

Ross - that Mami is really giving the joy. 'Nice composition & wonderful execution.

Darin - you're not alone - getting the hang of the Super Ikonta. I've prob. lost at least one fram/rl w/ mine. But it renders like nothing else I own. Don't be surprised if it surprises you on a fairly regular basis. :)

D

Don, I'm not sure what the inscription says. The Mrs. says the language is Dutch. I noted that there's a date range - like it was made for an event w/ a finite duration or used by a person. The end date is not filled in, I've seen husband/wife tombstone markers like this.

Thanks

Thought it was either Dutch or German, wonder what it is/

D

The inscription reads:

Memorial of the European war 1914 - 191

I think that ww1 wasn't finished yet when the inscription was carved.