Bug Reports Part 1: the list (expanded version)

Leslie Reid

Here I am again with a very silly though annoying problem. Every time I remove an image the machine prompt with the message image removed . The next morning it is back. I have tried 10 times ( to be sure)And it comes back like a dog that is following his master. Anyone out there having a decent idea????

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a few issues uploading photos to forums the last week or so with red box warning (photo too large, etc).

I have had the same issue several times, but in every case, a few tries got everything to work. My guess is that several people are doing the same thing at the same time. In the scheme of things, a relatively minor inconvenience.

Glenn speculated in another thread, I can't find exactly which thread, that it may have something to do with their tinkling around with the spam filters. I've had that error message quite a bit in the last couple of weeks as well. I usually have success by quitting my browser and relaunching it.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Here I am again with a very silly though annoying problem. Every time I remove an image the machine prompt with the message image removed . The next morning it is back. I have tried 10 times ( to be sure)And it comes back like a dog that is following his master. Anyone out there having a decent idea????

I have the same problem, unable to permanently delete an image - it keeps reappearing

(Sarcastic Font) "When uploading pictures, remember, this is the Hotel California of web sites"

It MUST be painfully obvious at this point that the people who run photo.net either do not know what they are doing or flat out do not care. Our reporting so-called bugs and then waiting months for inaction nothing short of redefining...well, you get the idea.

Hope my honesty does not get me banned - it has happend to some who tell truth to power! Although what would I really be missing?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im loving PhotoNet is adding new features when the old ones havent been ironed out yet.

This was once a wonderful place to share information and network with great photographers.So easy to use, no frills no nonsense.

Funny, I wanted to see what the CONTEST section was about since it opened magically as I tried to get into or out of my photos which I still have no idea how anyone can see them because I cant see theirs. Anyway, the contest area was so clunky loading and jerky shifting a large photo up n down the screen with no menues or a clue what I was getting into. How do I enter the contest? where are the contestants for today?... or is it a weekly or monthly contest? then god forbid I might find a section to vote on contestants. I managed to get out of it and after some clunking around I got to find the forums to post this... now Im just looking to get out as fast as I can. its very frustrating in here.

BTW why cant we see peoples stats under their avatars? Its always nice to see where people are from when posting.

Paaaaaaaalllllllleeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz make photonet great again?

Edited by paul ron
The more you say, the less people listen.

Site navigation--AAARGH! I decided I'd try this place again after leaving in despair a few months ago. Surely, I thought, some of the bug have been killed.

Well, no. My biggest frustration: Once I'm in one of my own galleries, I can't back out (to go to another gallery, for example) without repeatedly using the "Back" button on the browser. The handy navigation window on the left edge of the screen is gone once one is inside a gallery. That was a frustration six months ago, and it still is.

Anybody home? Glenn, I see you're posting occasionally, but is anyone fixing anything?

My previous 24 hours before having to re-login seem to have dropped to 12 hours over the past few days.

In addition, it seems like half the time these days I get an error when I try to post. The errors are all over the place-sometimes telling me I've exceeded my limit for the day, sometimes telling me I have to wait an arbitrary amount of time before making another post, and sometimes just a simple generic server error.

As I've said before, Xenforo is one of the most popular suites for forum software these days, and I don't have these kind of issues on other sites. The knowledge for how to make this site run smoothly is out there.

• 1 month later...

seems there are issues with the time keeping on PN. the 15 min edit limit expires in 7 min real time. if you refresh the screen, you will see after posting, the times erratically change with every new screen.

at first i thought 15 mins was too short till i did a few tests and timed it with a stopwatch.

The more you say, the less people listen.

• 1 month later...

The site appears to be working on desktop, but in mobile Chrome on Android, as of the last day or so, I'm seeing a continuous "in progress" bar, and I don't appear to be able to log in (I attempted to log out to see whether it would clear anything). I've attempted to clear cookies for everything photo.net related (if I need to clear anything else - by which I'm afraid I don't mean "everything else on all other sites I use because we can't be bothered to tell users which specific cookies to clear" - please say). Running the browser in "request desktop site" mode doesn't seem to fix it.

Has there been a recent configuration change which could be causing a problem?

It would, for what it's worth, be lovely to have a "site status" (at least in a link) on the home page, so we can easily tell whether something is known to be playing up and whether people are actively involved in a maintenance problem. It doesn't have to be obtrusive, but trying to find somewhere to report this kind of thing (if we can - like the posting problem a few days ago) is tricky and it's hard to tell whether it's redundant.

Just as a status update, the green "sign in" face still doesn't do anything for me on Chrome on Android (either in mobile or desktop view). Anyone else having this problem? Any news on that?

Hi Andrew - we have a ticket open for it. I am hoping for a quick fix as this shouldn't be an issue to resolve. Thank you!

I joined last June, but it appears that I didn't "set up" my name correctly. As such, I've been unable to post, send messages, etc. I've tried contacting support via email, and in December, I wrote a letter, mailing it to your P.O. Box in N. Andover, MA. Also, in June, I paid for a premium membership. So, for the past seven months, I've been an observer.

Last month, I finally tried joining using a different email address, and I allowed my full name to be my web page address on Photo.net. I've even paid an additional $29.95 for another premium membership. Now, everything works as it should.

My biggest complaint is the gymnastics I've gone through, and an apparent lack of response to email, and snail mail. Would it be possible to extend my membership through my "new" email address, and to cancel my old user I.D.? I'd prefer not to publish both email addresses.

My other concern is the "time zone" stamp on posts. It seems that you use a "native" time zone, and post time stamps seem out of kilter (at least to me). Is there a way to "personalize" the time zone?

Thanks.

My other concern is the "time zone" stamp on posts. It seems that you use a "native" time zone, and post time stamps seem out of kilter (at least to me). Is there a way to "personalize" the time zone?

Yes, go up to your screen name in the upper right of this page. You should see your name next to the words Inbox and Alerts. Click on your name and then click on Preferences. The second preference will be a drop down menu where you can choose your time zone.

• Like 1
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!