Canon 80D

friskybongo

<p>Hi All,<br>

Typically when a new camera is released, all the various photo forums post pros and cons (I think more cons than pros). I haven't seen much about the 80D and am wondering why. Not many purchasing this model? Purchased one last year and I find it's fantastic. I'll put something up in a future post. Just wondering.</p>

<p>Canon APS-C cameras are not sexy, they are greeted as ho-hum by trendy camera geeks, but people buy them <em>en masse</em>. I think part of the reason is that they are pretty mature - everyone knows what a good prosumer Canon DSLR looks like, or at least they think they do. They are lacking metal exterior, glistening dials and exotic fast lenses (unless they are EF), and they are very good value. I think this militates against web coverage which concentrates very often on new designs, "boutique" companies and tends to emphasize exclusivity. Buying an 80D is a bit like buying a Toyota or Honda - does not set a true nerd's heart racing, despite being very good.</p>
Robin Smith

<p>Could be because we're all so happy with it that it doesn't occur to us to write about it. I know that's my situation--I absolutely love working with this camera. I've had it since August and have used it nearly every day since then, and I don't have a single complaint (...other than the fact that the high quality of the camera persuaded me I needed to invest in better quality lenses to do it justice). (Not that I wasn't looking for a plausible excuse).</p>