Fujicolor 100 135-36 VS Lomography Color Negative 100 135-36 (Cheapo films)

<p>In a day when film photography is struggling to stay alive, I would regard Lomography-brand film as a no-name crapshoot that diverts badly needed sales away from Kodak and Fuji. IMHO, if you want to shoot film, stick with the established name brands that are pretty much guaranteed to give good results. Lomography has built its oddball reputation around bad results that somehow look "cool" to some people in a way that contradicts most of the tradtional standards of good photography.</p>

<p>With no new Fujicolor 100 (or Superia 100) as well as Reala (also ISO 100) the only ISO 100 I'd use is Kodak's Ektar 100. If you want less saturation consider Kodak's Portra 160. It is very fine-grained and you can increase saturation in post-processing if desired. For Fuji I like the Superia 200 as I can get it at the local Wally World in a 4 pack.</p>

<p>I would tend to ue the real fujifilm.<br>

I READ-POSSIBLY HERE-<br>

THAT SOME THIRD PARTY FILM MIGHT BE REALLY kODAK OR fUJI.<br>

i HEARD THAT SOME THIRD PARTY FILMS WERE AN OLDER VERSION STILL MADE BY FUJI.<br>

POSSIBLY STORED BY FUJI ONDER OPTIMASL CONDITIONS<br>

SO IT MAY BE PERFECTLY FINE FILM.</p>

<p>i KNOW THAT PHOTOWAREHOUSE ( UNTRAFINEONLINE)<br>

STILL HAD SOME kONICA AND AGFA COLOR FILM.'<br>

iSERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT SUCH FILM IS OUT OF DATE'POSSIBLY COLD STORED IN BULK.</p>

<p>uNLESS FILM HAS BEEN ABUSED <br>

IT SHOULD ME OK.<br>

i HAD A 22 YEAR OLD ROLL OF KODACOLOR 400. NEVER CAREFULLY STORED AND IT WAS FINE.<br>

i WOULD WORRY MORE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE PROCESING</p>

<p>Usually the knob won't turn, partway through winding to the next frame.</p>

<p>I am not sure that is true of all cameras, though.</p>

<p>Normally you shoot two to get to the first real frame, and then most often get 38 more. The last one might get cut off in processing, or otherwise not work. Don't count on it. </p>

<p><br />For slides, there is normally no cost to an extra frame. </p>

<p>If you get prints, they will charge for each print, so it is better not to go so far, such that they will print a frame that isn't quite right.</p>

-- glen

• 5 weeks later...

<p>I have a cheep point and shoot that does better with 100 speed film. It tends to overexpose the higher speeds.<br>

Does anybody know where I can get 100 speed film in the US? other than the pricey Kodak Ektar?<br>

I think I did read Kodak, and Fuji stopped sales of film slower than 200 in the US.</p>