Vuescan and Epson V800 and Medium Format Help

<p>Hi Ian,</p>

<p>I have the V500 and use it to scan medium format. Obviously with a V800 your experience might be different. However, I found scanning in general and with the Epson in particular, to require a methodical approach to get best results.</p>

<p>If by "all over the place" you mean exposure-wise, I have found that accurate manual selection of the scanning area is most critical. If the "crawling ants" dotted line includes anything but the actual image, I find it skews the exposure greatly.</p>

<p>Vuescan is great, but doesn't "automatically" deliver great results. To develop a methodical approach, I invested in "The Vuescan Bible." This book is well worth the price. It took away the guessing and helped me be clear about how best to proceed. Here is the book:<br>

http://www.amazon.com/VueScan-Bible-Everything-Perfect-Scanning/dp/1933952695</p>

<p>I can't say I'm a master scanner, but I have come a long way from my first abysmal results.</p><div>00dxsn-563301784.jpg.0fdde825db686ebf0600347181456b20.jpg</div>