Lines of different density/texture

<p>If you look at the picture you can see what I mean. It happened to a lot of frames, not just this one. <br />I'm wondering why it would be. As far as I'm aware, agitation was a normal 3/30sec, first 30 sec continuous, at a normal speed.<br />The film is Fomapan 100 expired 1999. Is this one of the effects of expired BW film? strange development?</p><div>00dkjK-560860284.thumb.jpg.d64a6426ddf64f7da901bfa239ead61b.jpg</div>

<p>The usual effect of old film is fogging. Parts of the negative that are supposed to be clear, are instead slightly (or more) dark. Larger grains are more sensitive, so it tends to happen in large grains. You see white spots in the prints.</p>

<p>As above, this looks like an optical effect. Which camera and lens is it from?</p>

-- glen

<p>If the lines are straing and parallel with the long edge of the film, the problem is likely due so an error in processing.</p>

<p>Seems to me that some of these have curved lines - that suggests improper film handling. It's easy to buckle the film when loading the processing reel, and when that happens, the density of the film at the point where it was buckled will be greater than surrounding areas. </p>

<p>That last shot has very clear flare to the left of the mannequin -- you can see the shape of the diaphragm blades -- and you can see it less clearly in the first shot. Buckling film might explain some lines. Also, there's so much dust and dirt on these, could it be that something like the line in this last shot is a piece of hair somewhere in the enlarger? Not right on the negative since it isn't sharp but maybe somewhere in the light path just above it? We had somebody the other day having a problem like that.</p>