Colour negative as positive

<p>It's all too easy too find examples of E6 films being developed as C41. Typically, branded 'lomography'. .<br /><br />what about C41 as E6? I can barely find any photos to demonstrate, and wikipedia just mentions a 'pastel' effect. anyone tried it and got photos to show?<br /><br />I wonder what happens to the mask. I think it would stay orange in the frames and dark orange / black for the other parts of the film. Would you have to scan it as a negative (so the software recognises that it should remove an orange mask) and invert it or just scan it as positive? (This scanning question also applies to E6 as C41. That said, I scanned as negative {Epson V550} and got great results) <br /><br /><br>

-Thanks !</p>

<p>Lomography is a brand, but it seems to be used as a term for many unusual photographic methods, such as using expired film or exposing color film through the back.</p>

<p>But yes, cross processing should not be lomography.</p>

-- glen

<p>hi! I know that Lomo' is a brand, I mentioned it because cross-processed film usually has that label attached.. <br />When I search 'cross processing' almost everything is slides as C41 - I was hoping people could show me negatives as E6. <br />I use expired film mostly. Not really from choice. Mainly because it's much cheaper. I wouldn't use expired slide film though, since the colours are supposed to be accurate, and aren't meant to be adjusted. Having scanned some HG 1600 I developed (film is expired) I think it's lost speed and has increased grain. So stay away from high speed expired! Anyone got a 1600 photo? I'd like to see how grainy it should be.</p>

<p>I did it once. The orange base turns yellow in E6 chemicals for some reason and you lose almost if not more than a stop in speed. The Rollei C41 film is on a clear poly base so you don't have that problem. I also did it with a roll of XP-2 and got a positive on a purple base but in B&W as expected. I remember shooting it at 200.<br /> Sorry I don't have the examples as I would have to dig them out and the hard drive they were on died a violent death. Think flames.<br>

I almost forgot. Yes the colors were way off but not in a bad way.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>heya Larry, thanks for letting me know. So you get a yellowy positive image? I suppose you would have to alter the yellow balance in scanning. So if you process that Rollei film normally then it won't look orange??<br>

Flames are not good. I hope you have an external hard-drive for safety :)</p>