Fuji X-Pro 2 hopefully to be announced in January

<p>Nope, not a concrete date since it is a rumor site and nothing is released from Fuji yet. But the X-Pro 2 should be a reality soon. The "reliable" specs are listed in the link.</p>

<p>http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/fuji-x-pro-2-will-be-announced-on-january-15th/</p>

<p>There was a bit of a rumor kicking around that Fuji is looking at a FF camera as well. I would just be tickled pink if they jumped into those waters. But the X-Pro 2 should remain an apsc and be able to use all those juicy Fujinon lenses. It will be interesting to see what they do with the view finder on this one. Keep that hybrid thing or outgun the X-T1 with an even better EVF. The sensor is still in question to. The guys over at Camera Store TV made a good point in their X-T10 review. They pointed out the 16mp X trans sensor is getting a little long in the tooth, though still competitive. It was their opinion that the X-T10 would most likely be the last camera to have that particular sensor, so hopefully this new flagship will have a few more MP, or some type of upgrade. </p>

<p>I cant tell you how many times I have almost ditched my a7 for an X-T1. Depending on what Canon does with their 'serious' mirrorless line Fuji just may get some money from me in the future. </p>

<p>Anybody out there seriously considering an X-Pro 2? (Depending on specs of course).</p>

<p>yummy yum. no big surprise. it will probably be 24mp. i doubt Fuji will go full frame in the near future, doesnt make sense for them to do that. i have 2 XE1's and a bunch of lenses. the 16mp sensor is probably too low-rez to be fully competitive in 2016 but the images are still gorgeous. almost jumped at the XT1 but AF wasnt quite there. i probably wouldnt switch from Sony FE to Fuji, but it makes sense if you like aps-c format and also like really good glass at somewhat affordable prices. if they upgrade the AF-C and tracking performance, i will definitely add either XP2 or XT2. then again, Xpro1 prices will drop when this comes out. people love that camera. if you dont need blazing AF, that's a good way into the system, save the $$ for lenses and buy a bit behind the market. </p>

<p>I too look forward to Fuji's next camera. I have the X-pro1 with a 23 f1.4 and am thinking about adding the 56 f1.2, but, if they go ff, that lens might be a dead end as I will go ff with them. Also, reading up on Fuji's Pro2 rumor history, one thread contends that they originally were to bring out a Pro2 in 2015 with a Sony sensor but developmental issues delayed the release. </p>

<p>An XPro-2 is of great interest to me IF:<br>

1. It doesn't sacrifice High-ISO noise performance compared to the 16MP sensor, and<br>

2. Fuji fixes the "bug" where the shutter triggering/lag is longer with Fuji lenses than any other lens on an adapter.</p>

<p>Rumors are 24MP, but in an older Sony base sensor (the one used in Nikon D7200, Sony A6000 among others). <br>

It will be interesting to see if the FL range of the optical VF is expanded (the current Optical VF covers 18 to 60mm effectively); also, if the EVF has more pixels than the current 2.36M. <br>

My guess is that Fuji is going to release more compact primes to follow the new 35mm/f2 e.g. new 16/f2.8 or 18/f2, 23/f2, 55/f2.8 maybe even a 70/f2.8 that would all be logical to use on the X-Pro2.<br>

IMO if Fuji does do a FF camera, it would be in a fixed lens compact like the Leica Q and Sony RX1R2. That way they only have to make one new lens :). And give them an excuse to dump the X-Trans CFA that serves no real purpose with the newer sensors from Sony.<br>

Also interesting to me as a current X-T1 owner is how do they plan to make that body perform AF with the upcoming 140~400mm zoom plus 1.4x teleconverter (i.e. do reliable and fast AF at f8). Otherwise what is the usefulness of that long zoom?</p>

<p>Nothing is inevitable when it comes to camera's, but Fuji got a lot of mileage out of the X-Pro1 and the XT-1. So much so its redundant to say it has ante-d the ante in Photography, so whatever they do they need to hit hard. It makes perfect sense for Fuji to enter full frame realm to push back on the competition. There's too much sentiment out there that apsc sensors are a compromise and there is a war going on between the three, so its not hard to feel the anticipation for more greatness from Fuji. It's time for Fuji to settle the pondering in the Professional market, making their choice the obvious one.</p>

<p>I'll read reviews and maybe buy it used later. - I am not seriously invested in Fuji glass and reluctant to purchase the usual stuff a by now 6th time. So the X-Pro2 sensor's pixel count doesn't matter to me but performance behind consumer zooms & adapters does.<br>

About the 140-400mm: I suppose Fuji will benefit already a lot from just offering it. - Its that silly marketing- / shopping decission argument if a system offers a long lens that the customer can't afford or isn't really willing to walk around. - I think it sells a lot of bodies with kit zooms.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>It makes perfect sense for Fuji to enter full frame realm to push back on the competition. </p>

</blockquote>

<p>no, it doesn't. one strength of their system is the lens lineup. a full frame mount would need all-new lenses. aps-c is still a competitive format, but 16mp loses the marketing war against 24mp sensors. so the most sensible thing is a 24mp aps-c sensor. Fuji has repeatedly said they arent looking toward full frame at this point. So any rumors of that are just wishful thinking. </p>

<p>"Fuji has repeatedly said they aren't looking toward full frame at this point"</p>

<p>Good for them.</p>

<p>I doubt very few folk could really tell the difference on a print/screen between them...to my mind a hype about the sad emptying pockets thing.</p>

<p>Happy with my Fuji Pro1 unless the Fuji Pro2 has very fast auto focus and very, very superior low light performance. I suspect, in the real world, the difference between a iPhone 6 and 6s not a lot other than the hype.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I doubt very few folk could really tell the difference on a print/screen between them...</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That is true for just about everything but DOF. I do get a noticeably shallower DOF field at a given aperture with my a7 then I do with my NEX 7. Of course, it isn't so noticeable when I use a speedbooster on the NEX, but FF effects the bokeh just that little bit more. If this is important to you, as it is for me, then it can be a factor. But for most other factors you are entirely right.</p>

<p>That is true for just about everything but DOF. I do get a noticeably shallower DOF field at a given aperture with my a7 then I do with my NEX 7. Of course, it isn't so noticeable when I use a speedbooster on the NEX, but FF effects the bokeh just that little bit more. If this is important to you, as it is for me, then it can be a factor. But for most other factors you are entirely right.</p>

<p>Hmm bokeh is really about individual tastes. Methinks, the bokeh think thing was created by Leica's marketing to sell their wide open lenses...clever marketing.....and they then added the Leica glow special thing.. There, does your A7 have the Leica glow and that really special bokeh from a Leica lens? Hey, the bokeh/glow only works on Leica cameras....the A7 with a Leica lens just a poor blokes copy...sort of like cheap shoe laces:)</p>

<p>Fuji has mitigated the DoF issue a bit by putting out 1.4 and even 1.2 lenses. you cant get a 24/1.4 for Sony FE, but you can get a 16/1.4 for Fuji X. Full frame should give better high-ISO performance, but the Fuji 16mp sensor is surprisingly good up to 5000 ISO, even 6400 in some cases. </p>

<p>Just think David...</p>

<p>You are holding that hand built Leica in your hands, that exquisite Leica lens, the old time brass top plate...and then you press that mechanical shutter. The bokeh, the glow...not some cheap, tin, knock about camera upgraded every month...</p>

<p>Click...and then you wet your pant as you indulge yourself in that pure exquisite moment of soulful joy. The final fulfillment.</p>

<p>The end.</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Click...and then you wet your pant as you indulge yourself in that pure exquisite moment of soulful joy. The final fulfillment.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>So you are saying you wet yourself when you shoot your Leica Allen? If incontinence is part of the Leica experience then I'm glad I shoot Sony.</p>

<p>"So you are saying you wet yourself when you shoot your Leica Allen? If incontinence is part of the Leica experience then I'm glad I shoot Sony"</p>

<p>Jeez, David....life is not all about the worry of pissing your pants. You will never experience anything if that is all you worry about. Think of all those Nasa Astronauts/soldiers I bet most of them pissed their pants at times...hey, they would not tell you about it on Fox News. Even real men can cry and also piss their pants.</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Hey, do you think Leica might give me a extremely high paid job in their marketing dept or maybe Fuji?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hmmm, not sure. You might try Depends Undergarments. Sounds like your skillset is right up their alley. :)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>are we still discussing photography here? ;)</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Why of course. I thought we were discussing how bokehlicious shots can lead to wet trousers.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Friends. Leica has tossed us a challenge with its SL FF professional mirrorless camera. I will cost $8000. Any mirrorless camera system in the future is honor bound to produce a professional mirrorless camera for less.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>the Leica is $12,500 USD w/lens. and only Hasselblad would dare to produce a "professional mirrorless camera" for more.</p>