My first subminiature camera

MTC Photography

<p>My first encounter with subminature camera was my dad's tiny Japan Gemflex, a tiny Rolleflex style twin lens reflex<br>

camera using tiny paper back roll film. I played around with it for a while, took a few rolls, developed and enlarged<br>

in my dad's darkroom. I was quite impressed with the quality of the tiny square format contact print, and the poscard size enlargements<br>

Gemflex is still avaiable on ebay, however there is no more 17.5mm paper back roll film.</p>

<p>My first wasn't a Minox, but rather a Goerz Minicord, a 16mm TLR I inherited from my mother. It was a neat little camera, razor sharp lens and variable diopter - very easy to accurately focus. I probably should have kept it, but was much more interested in 35mm at the time.</p>

<p>Minolta I. Slit film in home made slitter (a student, so what else?). Duty free and BP5. Tried many films and the panatomic-X was the best and the Adox R14 was close. that's when I discovered Beutler.<br /> Found an old print recently and scanned it. We were touring the local railway workshops and altho photography was forbidden nobody noticed the Minolta.</p>

<p>Acquired a few more subminis lately but that was the start of a long love affair. This was FP3 slit.</p><div>00dlRX-560989884.jpg.b0d982d762503d1f7e9a5fb38c55de4c.jpg</div>

<p>Thank you Martin. From an old hand that is praise indeed.</p>

<p>I do have better resolution pics, like your do, but it illustrates the fun of of a 'spy camera' then and now.</p>

<p>It is loaded with action. I have better scans (sharpened) but it illustrates all that ultra-miniature has to offer. <br>

Beware! It is an addiction! :-(</p>