digital vs film

<p>Pre-digital, I often had two cameras, one with color negative film, one with slide film. The former usually for family (people) pictures, the latter for scenic vacation pictures. Having two was easier than getting prints made from slides.</p>

<p>For some time after I got a DSLR, I kept a film camera along for the right occasion.</p>

<p>More recently, when I got back into black and white darkroom photography, I often carry a DSLR, and a film camera, usually with black and white film, but sometimes color film. </p>

<p>But mostly, I use film because it is fun. (I also to a Canon WP-1 to Great Wolf Lodge because I don't have a waterproof digital camera.)</p>

<p>So, use both. Then you don't have to choose. </p>

-- glen

<p>I shoot with both, but I much prefer my film cameras to my digital ones so I end up shooting much more film than digital. While the technology is amazing today, I just don't enjoy 300 page camera manuals and multiple menu layers and every possible function under the sun in today's cameras. I get enough of all that on computers, phones, and tablets - I prefer my cameras with simple, mechanical controls; and that means film. </p>