Introduction

riffeym

<p><em>Another lens that I can recommend is the 75-150mm f/3.5 series E</em>. x 2<br>

<br>

Rodeo Joe probably recommended this one when I was a Nikon newbie too - It is very sharp, fun to use, cheap, nicnamed "the street sweeper" and has an interesting character which I'd call hard, contrasty or tough, in keeping with the aesthetics of its era - though a little longer I find I use my AF 180mm 2.8 more, also sharp but renders more generously</p>

<p>Javier, I find the WWE to be highly entertaining and if that is the kind of action you get around here, this should be an interesting forum! I find that most forums have their heroes and heels. ;) Oh, I did download the latest firmware.</p>

<p>Joe, thanks for the info on the SB-25, sounds like a very useful (and cheap) flash to have. I am still trying to learn about the Nikon system and all the available options including the "old" gear. I figured you guys would be helpful in determining what works and doesn't. I shall keep an eye out for the 75-105 E.</p>

<p>Clive, won't this NAS ever stop...? :)</p>

<p>Mike :D</p>

<p>NAS is bad enough Mike, but GAS is worse, coming here from Leica M and Fourthirds with adapters for Leica R, M42, CY and Minolta meant that you could be tempted to try and buy just about anything..... </p>

<p>In all seriousness I think my D800 with a bunch of Nikon lenses has saved me a great deal of money :-) these guys do give good advice</p>