pentax macro questions - lens, bellows

sanjay_chaudary

<p>Sanjay, I agree with Steve's summary of bellows vs tubes. Basically a bellows is a variable long tube. Greater magnifications are achieved easier with a bellows, but tubes are effective when traveling etc. I always seem to have one handy with my Hasselblad bag as I can get tighter portraits etc with the 250mm +1 short tube. Light compensation is minimal with the shorter tubes. The same is true with the helicoid. With P67ii, the meter will compensate for a tube. For the non-TL metering, one uses "math" or a defined table for compensation info. FYI, I have no experience with the telephotos past 300mm on P67 and cannot contribute much. If you are not sure about macro & want lowest cost startup, I would suggest trying an extension tube + normal lens combo and learn from there.</p>

<p>got my camera back from service . going to keep shooting pictures and get a feel of the body and the 45mm , 75mm shift . The 75mm shift seems trickier - never used shift lens earlier.<br>

How do the 90-180 , 200mm and 165 LS compare optically with each other? I believe that the 90 -180 is quite good?<br>

Planning to slowly get one of the above and practise with auto extension. It should help me decide on bellows and helicoid</p>