APX 100 and 400 developing times for new emulsion

thirteenthumbs

<p>Someone told me that the new Agfa films are actually made by others, and close to films made by those companies.</p>

<p>I believe the E6 films are Fuji, but I am not sure about others. Maybe Adox?</p>

<p>Otherwise, from what you say 9/7 times the old would be one guess. <br>

What are the times for other ISO 100 and 400 films?</p>

<p>Chart I have: http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php?Film=&Developer=D-76&mdc=Search&TempUnits=C</p>

<p>seems to say 9 minutes for new and old APX100 in stock D76.<br>

Also, 8.5 minutes for Adox CHM125</p>

-- glen

<p>Yes Agfa Photo has been licensing their formulas to other companies since the photo division won their suit against the parent company a few years back. Their color films are made by Fuji, I do not know if Fuji actually rebadges their formula film for Agfa or if they use Agfa's formula. If they use Agfa's formula it gives similar results to their own line of films so the jesters say its Fuji's formula films rebadged. I do not know who makes their B&W film but its probably a German company.<br>

Adox is probably a good guess for Agfa B&W films. The chart for HC110 is http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php?Film=&Developer=HC-110&mdc=Search&TempUnits=F<br>

Most ISO 100 to ISO 400 films are 6 to 9 minutes for dilution B at 68°F with the Agfa produced version (old emulsion) being 7 minutes for APX 100 and 6 minutes for APX 400; CHS 100 II is 8 minutes and CHM 400 is 5 minutes dilution B at 68°F. <br>

There is a time of 16 minutes in dilution F for APX 400 (New) out of sync with the rest of the listings.<br>

Then there are the Rollei Retro films that are suppose to be remakes of the original APX films.<br>

I may have to make a guess starting point and see what turns out.</p>

<p>I had acquired a Pentax Spotmatic and a Spotmatic SP1000 with very dirty, fungus started lens. I cleaned the lens and put the 50mm f1.4 on the SP1000 and the 55mm f2 on the Spotmatic. I put a fresh roll of APX 100 in each camera and shot the same scene/objects with both metered and sunny 16 settings. I powered the meters with new 392 1.5V silver oxide batteries.</p>

<p>Both rolls were developed together this afternoon and the exposures are nearly identical on both rolls. I will scan them when they are dry and post a few results.</p>

<p>I used the base time of 5.5 minutes @ 68°F in HC110 dilution B listed for Kentmere 100.</p>