Af confirming adapter for Nikon lenses

shootme

An uncle gave me these lenses. I don't know much about Nikon and would love to use them with my Canons. Is there

a decent not expensive adapter you would recommend?

lenses have not been modified at all.

Nikkor s.c Auto f1.4 50mm

Nikkor P Auto f2.5 105mm

Micro-Nikkor-P Auto f3.5 55mm

Thank you in advance.

Warm hugs,

<p>I cannot help much for adapting to EOS, but just as a precaution: if these lenses are 100% original, they're "Pre-AI" lenses. Mounting these lenses on modern-day Nikon bodies can damage some mechanical linkage in the lens mount, so better not do it. This should be zero issue for adapters, as those do not have those mechanical bits and pieces usually.<br>

All three are very fine lenses; especially the 105 f/2.5 and 55mm macro are terrific performers. Well worth trying out.</p>

<p>Many of the modern Nikons don't have the AI linkage. </p>

<p>But yes, for the ones that do, it doesn't fold down like it used to.</p>

<p>It might be that the lens mounting distance allows for an adapter without a lens in it, and if so someone might make one. But many Nikon DSLRs, and all film SLRs are available for reasonable prices. That will allow for full coupling.</p>

-- glen

• 2 weeks later...

<p>He asked this: An uncle gave me these lenses. I don't know much about Nikon and would love to use them with my Canons.<br>

and you gave the wrong answers.<br />There are AF-confirm-adapters.<br>

Get this one nothing else: its worlds best with newest chiptechnology. and high-precision.<br>

http://optixpcb.com/shop/products.php?32&sid=995de567a35d57e9f798e38b15051086<br />for my zeiss-lenses(i also have nikon F-MF-lenses) i will get v6-adapter.<br>

i had all kind of problems with these adapter. have three types. all crap or not sharp at infinity. or limitations.<br>

focus must be absolute precise. often there is no time using live-view.<br>

btw: dpreview has kicked me out-without warning-forever(the second time) because i told in a thread(i was 3dreal) i will buy this adapter from opticpcb(HK).</p>