Carrying case for M6+summicron35+lens hood?

<p>Have been using this kit since some years but yet to find a carrying/protective case for it, so keep carrying it in a small fleece draw-string sack in my handbags and backpacks. Has anyone found any better way? Ideally, would like an old leather case made of a half-body case and a detachable cover for the rest of the camera, but the rectangular lens hood is so big it does not seem to fit the usual carrying cases... </p>

<p>If you want to pay the money ($) for a premium one, you could contact Luigi Crescenzi (Google his name for website info) in Italy for a custom job, I'm certain he could use one of his standard half cases for the base and then craft a removable top.</p>

<p>The only thing I see wrong with your present arrangement is that fleece may be too thin. For decades I have carried my equipment -- with lens hoods fitted and capped -- in padded bags. All is protected from dust and knocks and is ready for immediate use.</p>

<p>I have a number of bags. The Think Tank is the one I prefer. However, go to a large thrift store and buy an old leather bag. You can buy the appropriate inserts on Amazon. The best is non-descript no name bag. Some people go so far as using diaper bags. But, whatever you do buy a climbing carabiner to hang from the strap so when you set the bag down you can attach it to some large object that is immobile. </p>

<p>Bag sellers usually state the inside dimensions of each bag they offer. It should not be difficult to find a small one which will hold camera body plus lens plus hood, perhaps with a pocket for a couple of rolls of film. One of the Lowepro accessory pouches, with a strap, might serve the purpose -- and perhaps other manufacturers' products too.</p>

<p>Most so-called ever-ready camera cases for Leicas have a half case bottom and a removable top (snap fastener). If all you want to do is get better protection for your camera and lens these will normally do and most should accept the small 35mm Summicron with lens hood. Mine do, but they are mostly relegated to the shelf as I find their use doesn't suit my practice well enough. But that is a personal thing.</p>

<p>I went for nylon single camera and zoom bags from a supermarket http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/d/l140/m/mNEQPvUCHbDKHdSkeow7MNg.jpg or bargain bins. They take at least an attached old 90mm Summicron. and depending on my environment they wander from inside the backpack to the bottom mount of the schoulder strap.<br>

Besides bagging my cameras for storage I don't mind beating them up. Sorry I couldn't spot an online source of the favorite bag in the picture labeled "PX Outdoor".</p>