eos1000 help... 2cr5 batteries dont fit............

andrew_spence1

The problem is that there seems to be a variability in the size of various brands of 2CR5 batteries. Assuming its the correct battery (check with the Canon Museum or an on-line copy of the owners manual), try cutting out an index card in the shape of the bottom of the battery and tape 2 or 3 layers of that (or more) onto the bottom of the battery until it is a snug fit, and the battery door still closes. This was a trick to get an Elan II to work properly and it has worked perfectly for me during the last 15+ years.

<p>Thanks for the advice Kenneth it still doesn't work<br>

Its a lovely clean camera though.<br>

Robert thanks for the link to the instructions the camera came with instructions in very good condition and an original dark blue strap in good condition that seems to be rare<br>

so I havnt lost out financially as the whole lot was originally £11.with a rare blue strap and realy good instructions which I know the value of so its realy no big deal<br>

.I would not have sent this camera out to anyone not working.<br>

if he had put a battery in it he would have got the same result as me<br>

Im first going to ask him for a replacement camera , I expect not to get one or even a reply<br>

ill then give him neg feedback and buy another EOS 1000 from someone else for £5 and that will be that as ive got a nice strap and instructions already giving me more choices<br>

and I realy like the 1000<br>

regards Andrew<br>

It hasn't put me off buying more EOS film cameras as this is the first bad buy ive had out of 230 buys</p>

<p>Maybe it's not a bad camera buy but a bad battery buy. I hated those 2CR5 batteries: didn't last very long and, yes, some were a wee bit too small. I recall I needed a bit of card stock in my Elan to keep it snug.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter