Printing Photobooks

<p>What is a good website to print photo books? A website that preferably has templates or indeisgn presets. I have been using MagCloud which is great for small book but since I'm making a book for my final project I need something with better quality and more cover/paper options. <br>

Any suggestions?<br>

Thanks in advance</p>

<p>Bay Photo in San Francisco does great work. They cost more but use heavier paper. I have never had an issue with image quality. Am working on a project right now that will be color critical. Page count is limited to 50 pages or 25 sheets.<br>

They have templates for all the different sizes of books. Also, check to make sure your photos have the right color space for printing. RGB and sRGB are a lot different so make sure you have a match between you images and what they can print. Also, make sure the printing company you choose does not automatically apply a image correction software. If you have the option to turn off this feature then do so. If you cannot turn off this type of software--do not use that company to print the books.</p>

<p>I need to mention that Bay Photo and a few others do not print anything on the book beyond what you provide. A lot of the cheaper photo book printing companies add their company logo, and print a in-house barcode on the back of the book. The bar code is so they can track the order. Quality companies do not do this. I do not design books with the idea that the printing company can add their stuff and deface my creation.</p>

<p>CHEERS...Mathew</p>

<p>Regarding Blurb, has anyone here tried their magazine format? I'm considering it for a project that doesn't demand the highest quality photo reproduction - in fact, the target audience is kids and the magazines may be drawn, scribbled or colored in. The $4.99 per 20-page magazine seems reasonable, but I'm wondering whether anyone has experienced any unpleasant surprises, such as high shipping costs, delayed delivery, etc.</p>

Lex, earlier this year Blurb acquired MagCloud. Other than raising the per-page price 25%, I suspect not

much else has changed.

One of the best things about MagCloud (and why I used it on projects) was the excellent fulfillment and low-cost shipping - a couple bucks or so for a 30 page mag. I

don't know though if Blurb has maintained that.

www.citysnaps.net

<p>Charles. Blurb certainly does provide profiles - available for download. They also have colour management guidance on their site for most of their book-making tools on their site, which reflect the fact that if you don't soft proof and adjust your images to suit, you're liable to get rather dull and low contrast images. That said, I have made several books with them and the colour rendition is fine and the b&w is neutral. </p>