Why is my Folder number 903 ?

hjoseph7

<p>I usually don't pay attention to the Folder/File numbers on my camera. What I do is set the camera to CONTINUOUS NUMBERING, meaning that the Folder/File numbers don't get reset every time I switch flash cards.<br>

However I'm not sure how my folder number could be 903 and file number 72 (903 -0072) ! Each Folder is supposed to hold 9999 images so how did I get to folder 903 ? I don't take that many pictures. </p>

<p>It might be helpful to know what cameras you are shooting with. I find that sometimes the file/folder numbering gets a bit... odd... when I move cards from one camera to another when it's half full. Significantly different generations of cameras create more of these issues.</p>

<p>I expect that it'd be a much smaller issue if you reformatted the cards after copying, and used them primarily in a single camera (until full), but I'd only really worry about it if it really bothers you...</p>

<p>Not that I worry about about it much, LR imports everything and sorts it for me, ordering everything (regardless of camera, file name or folder name) by date/time. I haven't worried about it since I started doing that.</p>

<p>[[i have about 4 cards 1MG, 4MG, 8MG & 16MG that I switched back and forth between 3 different cameras.]]</p>

<p>If you share cards between various Canon cameras, and you do not format the cards, the cameras will start the file numbering based on the folder structure in place on the camera. Early Canon cameras only stored 100 photos per folder and thus it was very easy to end up with high folder counts. </p>