Canon DPP Bull S...T

<p>Canon DPP does not save the changes you made to an image unless you open the image in DPP. Unless I'm doing something wrong, whatever changes I make in DPP whether sharpening, cropping or color balance then save the image, if I open the image in another software package such as Photoshop elements, Gimp or Helicon Software even Photo.net just to name a few, the changes I made in DPP do not register ?</p>

<p>Correct. DPP "recipes" are lossless parametric adjustments, as occurs in Lightroom or Capture One. They're just metadata until you decide you want a file with those adjustments permanently baked in.</p>

<p>If you want those adjustments to be available outside of DPP, you need to process the file out into a TIFF (or JPEG, or PNG, or whatever).</p>

<p>Are you working with Raw files? Sorry if it's obvious, but you do know you never really "save changes" with raws, it's just your raw processing program remembering your preferences? No changes are ever actually made or applied to the raw file.</p>

<p>FWIW, I can't abide DPP, just for the interface. My pref is Photoshop's Bridge for working with raw files, that took me while to get comfortable, but it seems more doable. ;)</p>

<p>I think what you're looking for is Lightroom. It will allow you to make adjustments to your raw files, but it doesn't modify the actual raw file, it logs the changes you make to a sidecar file.<br>

Things like exif info, captions, keywords are all written the any .tif, .jpg files you create.</p>